Transport jury struts

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
DaveU
Veteran Member

Transport jury struts

Post by DaveU »

I do not know exactly who told me this, but I believe it was Jamie S. when he was still at Just.  

ON the forward horizontal attache bolt, that everyone will have soon, install a tab just like the flying wire tabs.  There is a corresponding tab on the rear lift strut bracket for the other end of the transport strut.  I bought a piece of 1/2" tubing, 3 feet long out of the hobby metal rack at Ace Hardware.  I bought 4 -  5/16" fine thread bolts (length was about 2 1/2")  I welded the head of the bolts onto the tubing so that I had a finished length (from the end of the threads on one end to the end of the threads on the other) of 19 3/8".  The clevis ends that came on the brake cylinders thread right onto the fine thread bolts and there you have the transport strut.  photo attached.

DAVe
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Wow, nice Dave.

I took a piece of EMT, squished the ends in my vice, drilled a 3/16" hole in them, and attached with a clevis pin on each end. Mine are simpler, but yours are much classier.

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
Wes
Premium Member

Folded Wing Support Struts

Post by Wes »

Dave,
SWEET!
I was wondering how to make those struts and what to do with those left over brake pieces, now I'm ready.
Mind if I plagerize?

Nice job!

Wes
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
pdeinin

more stability

Post by pdeinin »

This information was very useful.  Would it provide more stability the wings if there was an arm between the two support struts that  would anchor them against flexing?
Prescott

Return to “Just Aircraft”