A lot of work and a back pain

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

A lot of work and a back pain

Post by Uwe Jens »

Hi guys,
After some weeks of dissapearence of myself on the forum, the pictures I´m attaching are the cause for it.  By the time, I have almost all the fuselage painted and the primer base on the wings.  Hopefully on the next days I will finish them too.  If anyone knows of a cure for the back pain please give sugestions..
Once the exterior is done, I will start with the interior upholstery.
Regards to everyone,
Uwe/. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KevinC
Veteran Member

Beautiful!

Post by KevinC »

Really looks nice, Uwe.

No help on the back pain - if you find one let me know...

Kevin
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Uwe,
I can't believe it, I'm using the same colors, metalic green, metalic gold however I'm outline my gold with metalic red.  Your plane looks great.  How is painting those metalics? I"ve just got everything white. I'll be painting color next week.

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

uwe

Post by scubarider2 »

Missed you Uwe.  The plane looks fantastic.  The paint job makes the plane.  First thing to look at and the last thing to see.   :wink:
Dennis
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

pain

Post by scubarider2 »

Oh about the back pain......I have found the more I drink the less the pain.....until the next morning   8)  8)  8)  :roll:
Dennis
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

Post by Uwe Jens »

Hi guys,
thanks for the comments.  I will follow your advice Dennis (hahaha).  Steve, the only problem I had with the metalic paint is that while you paint you must have homogenous movements, since the metalic particles will accumulate and make the paint darker and the color will not look uniform.
That will be it.
I used the Superflite products.  They are really nice products.  I think all the cost is worth it!
Regards,
Uwe/.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Uwe,
That's what I've run into also, you must be smooth and consistant with your movements to maintain an even color. I'm only painting the metallic green, the metalic gold and red I apply will be vinly since I do all my own vinyl graphics work.

Steve.
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Uwe,

What did you support your back windows with?  It is hard to tell what you di to hold them in place from the photo.  I'm working on something from aluminum but am intrigued by what looks like just material on yours on the outside.  Wondering what may be on the inside of the lexan??

Paul, PA
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

Post by Uwe Jens »

Paul,
I made an aluminum frame and glued it with the side wall. then I cutted the hole and reinforced the edges with the tape.  I placed a rubber trim, and a will put the lexan with ribbets.  In the interior I will cover the back ribbet with the upholstery.
Regards,
Uwe/.

Return to “Just Aircraft”