Newbe tips

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
jak
Veteran Member

Newbe tips

Post by jak »

Hi having a  hard time getting a post here not real computer literate. Anyhow My name is JakI work at foothills ave. in Toccoa Ga. I have read here that some of you have questions about mounting your radios and such tothe panel. I was alarmed when I read some were using pop rivets to do this. Althought this looks good it wont last long if you usegrass strips or have rough landings on paved. I build panels and do wiring every day in our avaionics shop, just ask Dennis or Troy they both know me. You need to for saftey's sake take out the rivets and counter sink (or not )the rivet holes then use#6 screws with locknuts on the back of the angle. This will hold the angle to the panel, if you leave the screws a little long this gives you a great ground lug to ground all the radios to. Then use rivnuts or tinnermans to hold the raidos or whatever to the panel and then brace the back of the lowest tray to something or it will sag and the rest on top of it.  I don't mean to sound like a smart a## but I fix this stuff all the time and build a lot of panels. I know do some of the wiring for Just Aircraft.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

yep

Post by scubarider2 »

Yep...he is right.  And yes, he does know what he is doing.  He does it for a living.   8)
Dennis

Return to “Just Aircraft”