Carburator support

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

Carburator support

Post by Uwe Jens »

Hi guys,
In South America, we have a technical support forum from the rotax technicians, I only want to comment to revise your carburator supports, on the last engine check of some engines, we´ve found some problems with these parts.  p/n 26 77 88  The problem was found on parts with 100 hours and 2 yrs old, please check on yours.
Regards,
Uwe/.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Thanks Uwe,

I have 175 hours and 1 year 9 months of operation. I do believe I need to check this out.

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

yep

Post by scubarider2 »

Yep, I remember when I had my Rotax 582 with the same boots on the carbs.  The engine was exposed.  There was many problems with the rubber hardening and cracking.  I used the stuff you put on tires to mount them on rims.  Comes in a tube.  I just applied it with my finger around the entire rubber boot.  I guess it protected it from UV damage.  It worked for me.  No cracking.  Think this might be the same?
Dennis
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Well I went out and checked my carb boots yesterday and I am really happy to report that almost two years and 175 hours of operation have not harmed them at all. The boots actually look brand new.

Uwe, under what conditions has the engine been operated? Is the engine cowled? Right next to the ocean? Any additional info would be of interest.

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

I was trying to figure out why Rotax is puttng these springs on the carbs now. I bet that's why!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Mullins #144
Cincinnati

Return to “Just Aircraft”