Color in Carnation,

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

Color in Carnation,

Post by stede52 »

I've finally started putting color on the bird.  Finished up my vinyl graphics yesterday and now on to painting the metalic green.  Not looking forward to that, single stage metallics can be a real pain. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Looks very cool!
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

sweet

Post by scubarider2 »

SWEEEEEEEET.... 8)  8)  8)
Dennis
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

Looking very nice.

How much did JA pay you to advertise on the tail?  :D
Rick Mullins #144
Cincinnati
Wes
Premium Member

Cool Paint

Post by Wes »

Steve,
That REALLY looks cool!, Nice work on the accents!
Just let me know which show you are at for judging, - I won't bother to bring my airplane.

I see you got rid of that silly tailwheel and went with a foolproof SKID!

Wes
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Wouldn't that be nice to get a kick back for advertising,  :P . But since I create all my own vinyl graphics it's fun to make that kind of stuff also. I should probably talk to Just about it.  After I'm done with my Highlander I was going to asking the forum if there was any demand for Highlander or Just Aircraft Logos or any other types of graphic the forum could use.  If so I would put a price list together for the logos and if anyone wanted any custom stuff, I do that also.

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Wing color is done and the metallic green when on beautifully.  Getting closer to the light at the end of the tunnel  :P

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

stede52 wrote:Wouldn't that be nice to get a kick back for advertising,  :P . But since I create all my own vinyl graphics it's fun to make that kind of stuff also. I should probably talk to Just about it.  After I'm done with my Highlander I was going to asking the forum if there was any demand for Highlander or Just Aircraft Logos or any other types of graphic the forum could use.  If so I would put a price list together for the logos and if anyone wanted any custom stuff, I do that also.

Steve
I just went back to this thread and was going to ask about availability!
Mine's all bright Ag Cat yellow and I would probably put some highlights or accents on if it wasn't too much work.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dave,
that shouldn't be a problem and since we live pretty close to each other, give me a call when you have it painted and we can work out some accents designs and colors

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

steve

Post by scubarider2 »

Steve,
  I would love to get some graphics on the tail of my plane.  Since it is a "tequila sunrise" color, I would love to get something like a blast of sunset scene with the words "tequila sunrise" wrapped around.  Sound doable?  I can't find it anywhere or anything like it.  Or any other suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
Dennis
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
Depending on what you are thinking about, it shouldn't be that difficult.  I'll let you know in a couple weeks when I'm ready to start outside work again and we can work out the graphics.

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Fuse is DONE!!!!

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Beautiful

Post by scubarider2 »

Just Beautiful  :D
D
stede52
Premium Member

Dash board

Post by stede52 »

Couple more pic from Carnation.  I just finished the dash board,  I'd been trying to figure out something light and looked finished. Here's what I came up with.  I used rolled aluminum flashing from Home Depot (really thin stuff) and glue my fabric to it. I also built a bracket which actuall holds up the dash with pressue against the underside of the boot cowl without using any velco.
stede52
Premium Member

Dash board

Post by stede52 »

Couple more pics of the dash and bracket

Steve

Return to “Just Aircraft”