25 Hours and some Do-Overs

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

25 Hours and some Do-Overs

Post by scubarider2 »

OK, after 25 hours wanted to go over everything again.  First I repitched the prop.  Was idling high so gave it another degree cut which will hopefully add some top end also.  Rolled it out, cranked it....then....Fast moving thunderstorm hit...Frantically pushed it back in the hangar.  Will have to take a look maybe tomorrow.  Then looked at my throttle cable system.  One kinda loose at the post that was fabricated.  So,,,,,ended up pulling the whole thing out.   :(   In the process noticed the little tiny bolt holding the cable to the throttle arm of the carb was looking funny {tilted}.  So pulled it and found one side broke.  :?   So found an AN bolt that would fit, drilled another hole and will put it back tomorrow if all goes well.  Replaced the choke guide on one of the carbs because I overtightend it and of course broke off inside the threads.  Ordered one from CPS and got it yesterday.  Man, it felt like a wasted day with nothing done right....Ever had one of those  :?:  :oops:   So decided to tackle the window shocks.  So actually did ok with those, except had to trim down on bolt which hit the door frame, so now have windows that will stay up when I want them to.  Did not get ANY of the 25 hour maintenance on the plane or engine done.   :cry:   But, tomorrow is another day.  Need to get it done so I can fly to Bushnell for the JUST FLY-IN.  If the weather will cooperate.  Hope to see some of you there.
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Wes
Premium Member

Bushnell

Post by Wes »

Dennis,
Looking forward to seeing you and your bird at the Bushnell gathering. I've followed your build progress and would love to take some pics of your creation!
Don't 'tinker' on any more stuff, so it will be flyable for next wkend! If I can help you with anything for next wkend, let me know.

Wes
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Thanks Wes, look forward to having you look her over...Keep your fingers crossed for weather.

Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...

Return to “Just Aircraft”