Fuel Pump-Electric Backup

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

Fuel Pump-Electric Backup

Post by stede52 »

Is anyone out there using an electric backup pump on there 912? I've got the 2-4psi facet pump and gascalator and I'm trying to find an effective and compact way to install it like the rotax manual states with a check valve. I'm finding that it requires lots of different fitting and can be done in a number of ways.

Steve
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Re: Fuel Pump-Electric Backup

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

stede52 wrote:Is anyone out there using an electric backup pump on there 912? I've got the 2-4psi facet pump and gascalator and I'm trying to find an effective and compact way to install it like the rotax manual states with a check valve. I'm finding that it requires lots of different fitting and can be done in a number of ways.

Steve
Not a 912 but, we've put 2 identical anodized ones into the line for this Geo Metro engine just forward of the header tank and strapped to the floor with stainless steel, with separate switches on the power panel.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

pic

Post by scubarider2 »

Sorry I don't have a close up of the electric fuel pump but if you look on the firewall bottom right you can see where I placed mine.  The main line comes in at the center bottom and right over to the pump.  From there to the front of the engine.  Mine has worked great.  I have not had to use it really but it is there if I need it.
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

I decided on configuration, just waiting for the check valve which will get inserted into the rubber fuel hose. see picture

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Just Aircraft”