Cabin Heat Box

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

Cabin Heat Box

Post by stede52 »

What kind of swivel connector are people using to connect the push/pull cable to the heat box flap control arm? For some reason I'm having a senior moment in finding something that works.

Steve
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Steve,

A friend of mine just picked up his Highlander from the factory last week and I took over 100 pics of it yesterday afternoon.  Here is what they did on his.  I'm going to duplicate it on mine.  It is fed right from the two can exhaust he has.  

Paul, PA
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

I JUST DRILLED THE HOLE A BIT LARGER AND USED THE SAME AS THE TRIM TAB SWIVELL, I HAPPEND TO GET AN EXTRA
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

AS sells a white plastic defroster opening with slider hole which I plan to mount on an Al flanged hole that they also sell, which will go through the extreme forward .032 stainless steel floor, right between the pilot's rudder pedals, with another hole on the passenger side between the pedals or through the firewall. The scat tube comes directly off the heat cuff to the flanged hole with the slider.
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Steve your fiend has a nice plane I did all the electrical on his plane and took it for a ride with Troy the day before I left for Sun-n-fun, anyway the heat on this plane is very good we opened just one side  while in flight and had to close it very quickly, it got very warm inside. I might also mention that was the most fun I've ever had in plane.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

thanks guys

Steve
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

Here is a photo of our heater box. You can see where the cable housing is held in place by the aluminum "clamp" and it connects to the arm that opens and closes the flap in the heater box to allow the air to pass through or not. [/img]

Return to “Just Aircraft”