Wild Sky signed by Bush (wilderness floatplanes included!)

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Wild Sky signed by Bush (wilderness floatplanes included!)

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Wild Sky signed by President Bush (wilderness floatplanes included!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINK: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008050...19232/0/NEWS01

I can't remember how far back some of us pilots have been working on this one (at least 10 years) to maintain our use of flying into airstrip trailheads that have been used to access public lands since the 30s and 40s. It's really a singular milestone for all pilots, even though many don't realize it, or care.

This is the WSPA president's letter today:

Hello Everyone,
President Bush signed the bill creating Wild Sky! Here is the link to this morning's story.... Bush signs bill creating Wild Sky
HeraldNet - Everett,WA,USA
At the end of the story, there is the mention of a special event to celebrate. I've called Senator Murray's office to let them know how much we appreciate her efforts and if a site hasn't been chosen yet, the seaplane pilots would like to participate! As you may know most if not all other wilderness areas ban seaplanes. Wild Sky was written with the provision to allow "Floatplanes" to continue to operate at Lake Isabel.(do you think anyone will notice my Seabee isn't a floatplane?)
Bee Sea n'ya,
Bruce Hinds, President
Washington Seaplane Pilots Association
Northwest Seabee Club
360-769-2311 home
360-710-5793 cell

Return to “Just Aircraft”