Anyone have this problem?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Anyone have this problem?

Post by gme9261236 »

Went out for the first taxi the other day (went well after some tailwheel steering spring adjustments) and when we came back we discovered this.

we taxied half way up the runway and then back to the hangar and after looking at where the brake cylinders mount to the toe brakes they were considerably bent. We put no more than normal pressure on the brakes and were surprised to see it bent. Seeing how we have seen videos of lynn lifting the tail on the brakes we know it can take it. Did we just get a bum part from JA? Anyone else have this happen yet? I supposed we will call the factory and see if they will swap those little parts out for something a little more durable.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Shawn, you have the wrong side up for the bracket.  If you look close the bracket you'll see there is one edge that is thicker then the other. The thick edge should be up.

Steve
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Shawn,

Steve is right.  I did the same thing when I first mounted mine.  Only after hanger flying with the kids did I notice it and figured out what I did wrong.  Since then, it brakes real well with no bending (still from within the hanger mind you).  I just filled in the wrong hole with body putty and painted over it.

Paul, PA
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

ahhh, user error! Thanks guys.

ok delete this post, destroy the evidence.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Man, I never did anything that #$%^.....hmmmm....well if you don't count putting the flaps/elevator brackets backwards....and or cracking the lexan on the first vent I put in...or...well, the list goes on and on...   :oops:
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...

Return to “Just Aircraft”