Happy 4th of July

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Happy 4th of July

Post by b1x4nqb »

Yeah, I wish I was this young.  I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July!  

Paul, PA
Wes
Premium Member

NICE!

Post by Wes »

Paul,
Looks like all you "painting pains" paid off, - NICE JOB!
I like your 4th of July color scheme also.
Your 'helper' there looks like he is ready to fly that thing. I think anybody raising kids and building an airplane at the same time should have their head examined. I really have no excuse for my lack of progress.
Be careful flying with one flap, though, it might have some strange roll tendencies. Oh, scratch that, you really need a prop to fly.

Way to go on the paint!

Wes
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Thanks Wes, glad to be on to the next phase of putting it all back together and working on electrical and engine.

Paul, PA
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

b1x4nqb wrote:Thanks Wes, glad to be on to the next phase of putting it all back together and working on electrical and engine.

Paul, PA
Happy 4TH to all...
Nice job, looks great, you're almost done now.
You must go into some rough stuff with those wheels eh?
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Thanks for the compliments guys.  Yeah,  I'm taking off from the front lawn which isn't perfect by any means then leading into the soy bean/corn fields.  Lots of rocks and uneven stuff as well.  When they're not growing they are pretty rough looking with plow marks, etc.  I didn't want to rip off my gear or flip it on account of something I could possibly get over with larger tires and softer pressure.  I'm all for STOL and slow flight for now so speed has taken a back seat, thus allowing me to go bigger.

Paul

Return to “Just Aircraft”