Just Owner/ Builder Locations Listed Someplace?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
jack53

Just Owner/ Builder Locations Listed Someplace?

Post by jack53 »

New guy walkin here. If I'm in the wrong place, tune me up, I don't want to waste anybody's time..
I probably missed it somewhere, but is there some sort of an O/B registry that's not factory affiliated where I can find active owners or builders out here (No. Cal.)? I'd like to touch base and see whats what in a more Westerly locale than Oshkosh, more Northerly than Ecuador (beautiful plane BTW) or going to Carolina just yet.  It is in my mind though.  Sorry. After being non-current for way too long, I've spent quite a while following this forum, researching and tying down loose ends so I'm as close as I'm going to get to stepping up. I missed Arlington, which from the look of a previous post would have truly fit the bill*. I do better pointin' and talkin' than typin'. Reno a good bet to get some Highlander face-time maybe?
Help with this would be good. Just Howdy would be good too.
There, that's done.
Jack

*Nice going, Champ. I've been following your progress for a while. From one big boy to another, the idea that this plane can haul around loads AND luggage while still looking so classy was huge. Hell, I'm still as tall and wide  wide-wise as I was 30 yrs ago. J
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

there are a few pilots using Flappr: http://www.frappr.com/justaircraft
Steve
jack53

Post by jack53 »

Yeah, Steve. I found that frappr link on here a while ago and wasn't sure if it was current. The dots mid-state are in my wheel house. So thanks for the heads up, I'll run with this and check in on any progress in the hunt
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Howdy Jack,

We're almost always available with my STOL amphib project in North Seattle, covering & painting now.
jack53

Post by jack53 »

This is just the kind of stuff I was hoping for when I first posted. Out-standing!

Dave, thanks for the invite. I'll poke around in here to see if I can find your build thread(?)  In this case Southwest Airlines is not the only one a day late and a dollar short. I took the bride up to Orcas Island via Seattle last Feb. for Valentines Day. Since I am, aside from dashing and bold, old and crafty, I was also- little did she suspect, (yeah, right)- while feigning interest in  Jimi Hendrix pantsuits and flouder flinging, doing what we do. Drooling over airplanes.
It was right about here, after getting dragged out of the M of F to go eat fish, that I finalized the decision to go light sport and had an epiphany to build a kit. Only a short matter of time until I found the Highlander. Momentum has gathered since, resulting in the fact hat I now undoubtedly lead the league in "sound's good to me, babe's" and cowboy fish eating for 2008.
So, if an excuse arises for me to head 36-ward, and I'm absolutely 2AM easy when it comes to heading that-a-way excuses, I'll give full and appropriate warning.

Jack
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Jack, just search: posts by yours truly, and you'll find more than you probly ever wanted to know about the non-standard, STOL amphibion Highlander.
michaelb1

Post by michaelb1 »

Jack,
Just gave me the name and number of a builder in Bishop, CA and also offered info on one kit that is in Fernley, NV.
Mike

Return to “Just Aircraft”