Highlander vs. Kitfox

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
windancer

Highlander vs. Kitfox

Post by windancer »

Hi, I'm currently looking for a kit plane to build and would like peoples opinion on the Kitfox supersport and the Highlander. The Kitfox has a faster cruising speed and larger fuel capacity for longer fly time, but the Highlander has more cargo capacity. as anyone flown both?
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Re: Highlander vs. Kitfox

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

windancer wrote:Hi, I'm currently looking for a kit plane to build and would like peoples opinion on the Kitfox supersport and the Highlander. The Kitfox has a faster cruising speed and larger fuel capacity for longer fly time, but the Highlander has more cargo capacity. as anyone flown both?
Hi & welcome.
I didn't need to fly Kitfoxs (considered the Courier breifly) because they're all just too small inside, as are most makes in this general size, especially if they're LSA qualified.
windancer

Post by windancer »

Are you building a Highlander? The interior I believe is very similar except the Highlander has adjustable seats.
 I am looking for a 2 seat stol airplane with a fair amount of cargo capacity for camping and cross country trips, decent fuel efficiency and be able to cruise at 115- 120 mp. Other kits I'm currently researching are the Murpy Rebel, the Bushcaddy R120 and te Bearhawk Patrol. Anyone want to comment or give a recommendation is very much welcome.

Return to “Just Aircraft”