Great Group

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Great Group

Post by preacoupe »

Hi everybody.

Have been watching this forum for a few months now.  I am sooooooooo impressed with the support everyone shows for all other members.  In this day of the internet, it is really nice to see so many mature, positive people instead of wiseguy teenies.

And so, I hope to be "one of the guys" who will be able to add support and positive feedback.  Right now, though, I'm an Escapade kit owner who's about as close to the very beginning of assembly as possible.  Will just have to dive in, I guess.

Would love to see anyone who might be thinking about coming to the Copperstate Fly-in in Oct. just south of Phoenix.

Anyway, I really hope to meet people...Does Just have its own fly-in like the Kolb people do?  And/or their gathering in Monument Valley?  South Carolina is pretty far from Tucson.

Dennis
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Welcome Dennis,

This is a great bunch of folks and it has been a tremendouse resource for a first time builder like myself.

I've talked to Troy about the idea of getting a group together and he mentioned he would like to fly through everyone through Idaho sometime.  I guess this is his hometown.  For me, I'm shooting for Sun-N-Fun in '09 since my expectations of having this bird done by now have been pretty unrealistic.  I'm close but not there yet.  Soon...

Paul, PA
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Post by preacoupe »

Hi, Paul

Thanks for the welcoming.  I expected it.  Just look at the Wings home page.  No other forum even comes close to the number of posts of Just Aircraft guys.  It shows that everyone is really interested in everyone else's work/progress/problems.  I'll bet those other guys are jealous of Just's enthusiasts.

I guess I can say that I'm a first time builder myself seeing as though I haven't really started.  But I know that I don't have to sit in the corner any longer drooling.  For example, I have this really weird header tank (had to learn what that was) that no one has.  All others seem to be stainless steel.  Mine looks like a Wisconsin (Oshkosh) piece of cheese.  Will ask others if I should consider replacing as the recent posts about fiberglass tanks is pretty scary.

BTW  My kit is Escapade #17 and was sold in Nov. of '03....so I figure some parts are different that those supplied today.

Dennis
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Welcome Dennis,

Lynn in Florida... I had a fly-in the weekend before Sun n Fun this year and would like to continue doing it in the future.  I hope we can get a better turn out each year.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I was at that fly-in in Florida and even though we didn't have a "large" turn-out I still had fun.  The weather did not cooperate very well and I believe that is why only a handful showed up.  I actually landed in the rain.  Not something I would recommend doing.  :oops:
Welcome to the site and there are loads of folks here willing to help.  Just spend some time looking back at the posts and you can learn lots.  
Dennis from the North Georgia Mountains!
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

Oh No!

Another Dennis!

Welcome aboard anyway!

I've been starting at the last page of threads
and working forward to re-learn some of the
nuggets that I've already forgotten! There
is a lot of good stuff in here!

Chime in any time!

And to the N GA Dennis, I do appreciate
the phone call the other day. Give me a
liitle more notice & I'll take you up on the
offer, next time!

John Cochran
Kit #126, Escalander.
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
dauckjl
Seasoned Member

AZ Escapade

Post by dauckjl »

Hey Dennis,

I recently moved down to Whiteriver, AZ.  I will be here for a year and I was wondering if there were any Escapade/Highlander builders in the area.  Our Escapade was #37 so we experienced the little quirks that came with an early kit.  You can see the start of our builder's log here: http://www.riocreekairport.com/node/30 .  I don't have all of it back up yet but I am working on it.

The first thing I would do is to ask Just to send you a new manual.  I saw the new one sitting on the table at OSH and Gary said to me (only half joking), "You could actually build an airplane with that one."  We made do with the original, but the new one is definitely nicer.  Also, I would definitely order one of the new header tanks.  We swithched and it was worth it.

Let me know if you need anything else.  I wouldn't mind going for a ride on a Saturday and checking it out sometime.  At the very least, hangar flying is always fun.

Justin
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Post by preacoupe »

Justin,

Thanks.  Good to hear from you.  Are you in Whiteriver now?  That's sure alot closer than anyone else!  I'm feeling kind of lonely down here.

I'll take your suggestions to heart.  That header tank, though it really fits nicely where it goes, is seemingly not quite right with some of the mounting screws not there.

And.....I can definitely use a new manual.  I'm hoping it is later than the Revision 1 which I had 2 of.  Taima did say that they were working on one but that it wasn't ready.  That was a couple of months ago.  It appears that Oshkosh did have a truly new one.  I'm in contact with Taima and will see about getting one.

We'll be in touch.  Would LOVE to get some input to get me started...and to not have to reinvent the wheel.  I did see a reference to the RioCreek site being lost or something, but what I saw on your link sure looked valuable.

Dennis
Lynng
Veteran Member

Expercraft

Post by Lynng »

For anyone looking for good pictures and a few explanations you can also try the www.expercraft.com website which has 5 highlander builds on it las time I checked.

Lynn 8)
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

Return to “Just Aircraft”