Radiator, oil cooler brkts

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

Radiator, oil cooler brkts

Post by stede52 »

Just some progress pics from Carnation, Wa

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

cabin heat outside air brkt

Post by stede52 »

more pics cabin heat outside air brkt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

airbox fresh air intake and spinner faring

Post by stede52 »

More pics

Steve
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

nose art

Post by b1x4nqb »

Also, now realizing the Kiev quite transition into the top of the cowl if I see your work correctly.  How did you line it up and fare it in?  Did you just eye ball it or use something to mold in to the top of the cowl?  Looks good from the pics.  Interesting work on the air intake for the airbox also.  I've been inventing a creative way in my mind for months now as well.  I found some inline filters that I think I may give a whirl at, along with a hole molded into the lower cowl to feed it.  Great work!

Paul
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Paul,
I just put on the spinner, laid a straight edge on the the spinner and pushed the end straight edge to the cowl until it touched and marked it. I then did the same down each side of the spinner to the cowl making marks as I went.  That creates the guideline for the edge of the fairing on the cowl.  Rather then making a plug and mold to create a molded piece to glue to the cowl I just started building it up with polyester resin flocked with fiberglass until I got the shape of the fairing close enough to final form it with evercoat glazing putty (similar to bondo but finer texture).

Steve
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Steve,

I'm trying to duplicate your mounting here for the oil cooler but what size barb fittings did you use here?  I can't seem to find them at Lowes or the Autozone.  The ones Just gave me don't fit inside the cooler as the thread is the same diameter as the cooler threads.  The barbs are the right size though.  I'm also looking for the nuts you used.  Where did you get them and do you have a model #?

Thanks,
Paul, PA

I'm editing this to say I found the parts in the LEAF catalog.  I'll order some Monday morning.

Return to “Just Aircraft”