Tacked Picture and Video Thread

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Re: First take off today

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

johnSicard wrote:Hi folks
Here is the picture of a great and important day.  After 4 months of hard work here it is.
I have been working on this project since the 1 st of july 2008.  It took me 4 months to complete the airplane.  I have got my papers from transport Canada at the end of November.  Today was the first flight.
Cruise @ 95 mph at 4200 rpm with a Rotax 912s.
I really appreciate the aircraft.  Now I have 5.5 hours on it.  5.5 hours all done today.  What a great day.
Bye bye.
John.  

You might hold the speed record for building the Highlander in tail wheel. Congrats!
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

James, The Canadian plane above isn't mine, as you thought. I can't seem to reply to your PM, so answered here.
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

My contribution to the thread

Post by ftcaruso »

I realized that piloting a light sport aircraft would be far different than my previous GA experiences.  I had acclimated myself to the perception that it would be “for fun” flying, rather than to make trips to go places.  How wrong I was.  I just completed a 1400 mile round trip over the Christmas holidays that took me from Clemson, SC, down to West Palm Beach, and then over to south central Florida, before returning  to Clemson, via Hilton Head.  With some local sightseeing flights with friends and family in and around Sebring, and again just north of Tampa, the trip accounted for almost 17 hours of logged air time with an over-all fuel burn rate of 4 1/2 gph.  The plane performed flawlessly at enroute altitudes ranging between 750 and 7,500 feet and it gave me a whole new prospective on the quality and engineering built into Just Aircraft products.  Now with just under 100 hours registered on the tach during the 6 months that I have been flying my Highlander, I am back to enjoying all of the fun that I have missed over the past dozen years, being without an airplane.  My posted photo was  taken at the Sebring airport, where I hope to return in just 2 weeks to attend their annual Light Sports Expo. This will be my 3rd straight year at this show, but this time I hope to arrive in my own LSA, instead of by car.

ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Aerial photos from Robin's Nest Fly-in

Post by ftcaruso »

I thought that I would post these 2 pictures, taken by Randy and Beverly Berry on the photo thread portion of this site, since they came out so well.  I will note that posting on the Everglades link as well, since thats where the pictures were taken.

fiferphil
Premium Member

Beautiful Formation Photos

Post by fiferphil »

OK Highlander flight...Smoke 'ON'....Eschelon barrel roll to the right...Ready...NOW!

Those formation photos are great! They set my heart to flutterin' like a Cub's ailerons at  Vne + 20 Knots. Keep 'em coming! :lol:
Phil Gasbarro
N 61VG (Kit#136)
Mount Vernon, Ohio
fiferphil@ecr.net

When I die, please let me go peacefully in my sleep - like my grandfather...and not screaming and crying like the passengers in his airplane!
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Flying Pictures

Post by taildrgfun »

I was asked if I would post some pics. I have put a few on here before but I don't know if any of these are duplicates or not. Sure had fun flying yesterday landing at lots of fun spots. Hadn't done any dead-stick take offs for a while so I got in one of those too. It is really fun coasting down a 35 degree hill thru weeds and sagebrush with the engine shut off. (not a recommendation, just telling about some of my fun) I have 1016 hrs in this plane now. If I were to build another plane I would probably build another one of these and make every effort to keep it as light as possible.

Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
billy5823
Veteran Member

billy and gary playing

Post by billy5823 »

Bigsweed

Post by Bigsweed »

Trying to post a picture, hope this works. This is my new Escapade after a paint job. Carbs are being rebuilt now. Hope to be flying again next week. After prop pitch adjustment am now cruising at 105 MPH here in Northern Calif.
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

sweed,
 What engine & empty weight?
Thanks for posting!

John
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

A great video from down south.

Nice job Uwe! And Lynn!

John
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
Bigsweed

Post by Bigsweed »

Johnny C! wrote:sweed,
 What engine & empty weight?
Thanks for posting!

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gme9261236
Veteran Member

camp down below, cant get there with dam tires

Post by gme9261236 »

gme9261236
Veteran Member

Windsock village Ossipee NH 4000 ft grass strip still snow

Post by gme9261236 »

gme9261236
Veteran Member

Mt Washinton NH 6288 ft still covered in snow

Post by gme9261236 »