Hello from Kansas

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
skyguy

Hello from Kansas

Post by skyguy »

Hi, everyone. I just joined today and am looking forward to the interaction with everyone. I'm currently helping a friend build an RV-12 and it's really stimulated my long pent up desire to build my own airplane. I've owned a Stinson 108-3 Stationwagon (Voyager) and a Beech Musketeer in the past, but currently rent whatever's available. I've about decided to build a WittmanTailwind and have ordered the plans. I don't know anything about welding so am in need of assistance in that regard. I'm planning to join a very active EAA chapter in a few weeks and hope to get some good help from the members. I'm also planning to build Callbie Wood's metal wings so I need to get in touch with him.

I earned my private license in 1968 and have never lost my love for flying or for airplanes in general. Spent several years building, flying and teaching others to fly R/C airplanes and while fun, it just wasn't the same. So I"m back in the left seat and loving it . . . a litle depressed about the much higher costs, but still loving it.

I hope to start the Tailwind soon but want to study the plans extensively first. If anyone would like to communicate, please feel free to do so. If you have experience with a Tailwind, welding or anything like that, please get in touch. I need you!

Thanks to Sean for providing this great forum!

Bruce

Return to “Introductions”