Highlander with 0200 continental

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
cutoff1

Highlander with 0200 continental

Post by cutoff1 »

We now have over 10 hours on it. It flys great and cruises over 100.
Bob Vaughan
500 Pass Road
Gulfport, MS 39507
251-510-7805
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Bob,

Several times, while coping with the complex Rotax installation, I wished I had gone with the O-200. Since I had already bought it, that wish was just grousing. I'm glad you are having good luck with it. Could you give us the empty weight of your bird? Does she climb well? What prop are you using?

Thanks,

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Uh, oh!   :oops:  I should have done a search before I asked. 760#. Glad it's working out good for you.

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
highwingpilot1

Post by highwingpilot1 »

How about an update on the o200 highlander.
PilotPWSAK

Re: Highlander with 0200 continental

Post by PilotPWSAK »

This is my first attempt at this so please bear with me. I'm selling my 172 to build a Highlander and would like to put the
O-200 on it. Do you know of any one that may have the drawings/plans for an engine mount? Also looking over the build manual on the Just web site a question came to mind about the Degree of Incidence needed for the on the horizontal stabilizer when using the O-200. I'm sure that once I get started I will have lots more questions.
Steve in Valdez
cutoff1

Post by cutoff1 »

I now have 37 hrs on it. Every thing from the fire wall forward was pretty much
custom made. You may ask a dealer up north named barup or somthing like that
He posted my pictures as his own on how to install an 0200
Bob Vaughan
500 Pass Road
Gulfport, MS 39507
251-510-7805
PilotPWSAK

Post by PilotPWSAK »

Ya his name is Stan, he is a dealer in Idaho, we talked for a while the other night he used to live in Alaska, we know some of the same folks flying around up here. He e-mailed me some pictures of a o-200 going into a plane must be yours looks very nice, I can only hope that mine will turn out as nice.
Steve
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

cutoff1 wrote:I now have 37 hrs on it. Every thing from the fire wall forward was pretty much
custom made. You may ask a dealer up north named barup or somthing like that
He posted my pictures as his own on how to install an 0200
Bob,
I actually did not list the photos of the O-200 engine installation on your Highlander on my website with the intention to mislead anyone in believing they are of my airplane, or of them being my own engine installation. I'm sorry if you took it that way. I actually called and spoke with you on the phone about your engine installation, and you sent some of those photos to me that are listed my website, while others I copied from this forum that had already been posted here. Actually, I have many Highlander related photos on the Just KitPlanes website, and most of them are not my photos. I list photos there in an organized manner for other interested people to look over and learn from. You have a beautiful Highlander, and I hope it is serving you well.

Kind Regards,

Stan Bearup
Just KitPlanes
http://www.justkitplanes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lesowell

Post by lesowell »

cutoff1 wrote:We now have over 10 hours on it. It flys great and cruises over 100.

Bob,

I'm working on a design for my motor mount in order to use the Cont. O-200 and have a few questions. Could you tell me the distance you used between the firewall and the motor mount bolts on the motor and what offset angle of the motor did you use to help with the P factor pull druing takeoff? Also what was the weights at all three tires? Your help will greatly be appriciated.

How many hours do you have now.

Thanks
Leonard Sowell

Return to “Just Aircraft”