WingsForum.com

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
Sean_Caranna
Founder

WingsForum.com

Post by Sean_Caranna »

I've started a VP-2 that I plan to power with a Corvair engine. I'm on the road for work quite a bit lately so I've had almost no time to make sawdust. It's driving me nuts. Since I can't work on my VP-2 from a hotel room I've decided to create a forum online where people can converse about building, engines, avionics, etc, all in one place.

I just though it would be nice to have one place where you could discuss multiple aviation interests. I post regularly on a few other forums, lurk on many others; it's just a lot to look at.

I don't think anyone it their right mind would want to mess with the membership of a good list. There just has to be a better system than Yahoo.

That said, any current forum or group Moderators who are looking for an alternative please contact me and I’ll set you up to moderate your topic here.

This site is non-commercial and it is my intention for it to always be free to members. Perhaps, one day it will be necessary to allow sponsor banner ads to offset costs but nothing as obtrusive as Yahoo’s ads and only enough to cover web hosting cost. This will not be an issue until web traffic exceeds 3GB monthly or storage exceeds 200MB.

Thanks,

Sean C. Caranna
Last edited by Sean_Caranna on Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:04 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Hi StogieC
I found your site in the Corvair site posts.
It's great you have made the effort with a new site, good luck.
John :wink:
nickofhf

VP-2

Post by nickofhf »

I almost chose a VP-2 as my first homebuilt.I am very good with wood and have built model planes from age 5 so it seemed a natural transition,but I wanted to leave my plane tied down at an airport and it seemed like an all metal plane would do better under those conditions.I hope someday to have a small grass strip with a hanger{shed} and the VP-2 will have to wait untill then.I also would love to have a mini-max or other simular type ultralight.Boy I cant wait to retire.{15 years hopefully}
Glad to be part of this list.Expect to hear about my future project over the next few years.A corvair powered,4 place ,twin engine all metal, low wing monoplane.
Nick Pace
A Fellow Aviator
Building a Corvair/601XL
Brett
Topic Moderator

Post by Brett »

I really like the look of this forum. I think in time it will go. I'll tell everyone about it.
If your not going to try, then whats the point of talking about it?
Bushwhacker Air
Topic Moderator

Great Site Design

Post by Bushwhacker Air »

Hello all,

I have good feeling about this site!

Our company is committed to promoting homebuilt UL/EXP/LSA/SP Aircraft. We are currently working with Rocky Mountain Wings, ROTEC Radial Engines, and Aerostar in Romania (the YAK 52 factory). We are a group of enthusiatst that want to promote flying to the masses, and this site may be the perfect venue for it.

Sean, count me in a moderator and let me know if there is anything else we can help with.
Chris Hatin
Bushwhacker Air
www.bushwhackerair.com
Your Source for Back-Country Aircraft
Zenvair601

Great Site!

Post by Zenvair601 »

Sean:

Thanks for putting up the site. I saw it on the Corvair list. I'm going to mention it to my Zenith list members and see if we can get some participation from there. I'm building a 601XL/Corvair in Nebraska. I really like the format of your forum. Thanks again,

Scott Laughlin
www.cooknwithgas.com
Scott Laughlin
z-601XL Plans Builder
http://www.cooknwithgas.com
lgingell

200Mb limit

Post by lgingell »

I don't think It'll take long for us to all eat up that 200Mb limit ;-)

..lance
Zenith Zodiac 601XL
http://lancegingell.com/plane.asp
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

Well the site is at 8mb right now, so it should give me some time before I need to shell out any money. And it's only a few bucks per month for another 100mb. So I'm not too worried.
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."

Return to “Introductions”