Kolb Mark 111 Saskatchewan Canada

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
Classicmark111

Kolb Mark 111 Saskatchewan Canada

Post by Classicmark111 »

My classic Mark III was one of the first ones sold by the old Kolb company. It was welded up in their second production run just after they placed the Mark 111 on the market. I completed it in 1991 and have 400 hours on it. I love winter flying and have attached a photo.

Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rickr

Intro

Post by rickr »

Orlando, Florida USA says hello! Man you look cold! :wink:
Classicmark111

Post by Classicmark111 »

Nice and warm flying, I have one rad enclosed in cardboard and duct tape. The other rad has all its warm air ducted into the cockpit. I wear a light weight snowmobile suit and winter boots, usually ending up too warm, that is when the door gets opened a crack.. The winter air is smooooooooooooooth with no turbulence and provides excellent climb.

Brian
Classicmark111

Post by Classicmark111 »

Hi Rickr;

I was cold about 15 years ago when flying my old Kolb Ultrastar.
See attached file.

Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pollus

Heated MK III?

Post by pollus »

Hey Brian, how do you manage to get that warm air into the cockpit? Seems like a good idea in our not-as-cold-as-Canada-but-still-not-quite-tropical Dutch winters. Have you any pictures of that?

Groet, Pollus
Classicmark111

Post by Classicmark111 »

I made a duct out of aluminum that mounts on the back side of one of the rads.  I have a 3â€? scat tube running from it into the cockpit.  It provides lots of warm air into the rear of the cockpit.  The warm air blast keeps all windows clear even with two people aboard.   I have flown comfortably in  Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 20 C weather.  
Check below for pictures.

http://www.wingsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3044

Some flying videos taken from my Kolb can be viewed at;

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bksss  
Skysailor

Kolb111 classic

Post by Skysailor »

You are exellent both.! I am new in aviation and in this forum. My mather tang is not english, so i am sorry.! I like Kolb Classic and i am askin you, Brain, what the all pluses and minuses of  model of Kolb Classic.? Brain, for me simpler to speake, that to write.! So, i am asking,  if i may call you and discuss  Kolb Classic.? If yes, please send me your phone№ Thank you.!
    Respectfully, Greg.

Return to “Introductions”