How about some panel pictures?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
xpflyr
Veteran Member

Re: How about some panel pictures?

Post by xpflyr »

"Xpflyr, I like the looks of your panel, but I don't think you are going to get a magnetic compass to work in that location."

I'm pretty sure you're right. I don't think there is a spot on the panel where it would work. I'll probably end up with one mounted on the top of the panel and even there it may not be free of magnetic interference.
Last edited by xpflyr on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
KevinC
Veteran Member

Post by KevinC »

I didn't degauss my airframe and am unable to mount a compass anywhere inside the aircraft where it didn't read "SW". I decided I didn't need one...

k
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Ditto.

My Lowrance 2000C works quite well for a compass.

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Yea, except you can't get any updates on the Lowrance any longer :twisted:
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
av8rps
Veteran Member

Post by av8rps »

Thanks for all the great input guys. I got some really great ideas, more than I ever expected. Now I am totally rethinking my plan, so I have to regroup :D . All good stuff though. So thanks again.

Paul S
javier pastor

Post by javier pastor »

Hola. este es el panel que llevo montado en mi Highlander #159. espero sirva de ayuda.

Felices vuelos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volar es llenar los pulmones de espacio, los ojos de belleza, el corazón de patria y el alma de Dios.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Tiene buen aspecto! It looks good!
Gary H
Veteran Member

Post by Gary H »

Dave,, where's your plane????? In the air yet? I see you out on the water,, info please.

GW
Will fly for food!!
av8rps
Veteran Member

Post by av8rps »

javier pastor wrote:Hola. este es el panel que llevo montado en mi Highlander #159. espero sirva de ayuda.

Felices vuelos
I'm sorry to say I can't read spanish, but it appears your panel is higher than a normal panel. Can you tell me how high it is?

And how about a side view picture of it? Does it match the lines of the cowl top? I'm thinking of doing the same with mine so anything you can show in pictures would help me to figure that out.

Oh, and nice job on that panel. Very nice.
javier pastor

Post by javier pastor »

av8rps wrote:
javier pastor wrote:Hola. este es el panel que llevo montado en mi Highlander #159. espero sirva de ayuda.

Felices vuelos
I'm sorry to say I can't read spanish, but it appears your panel is higher than a normal panel. Can you tell me how high it is?

And how about a side view picture of it? Does it match the lines of the cowl top? I'm thinking of doing the same with mine so anything you can show in pictures would help me to figure that out.

Hello, I don´t speak English very well, sorry.
I´m 1,80 mt tall and I don´t have problem for see front me (picture 01820)
I hope this pictures help you to make your panel
Regards, Javier
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
javier pastor

Post by javier pastor »

modificacion.jpg
javier pastor wrote:
av8rps wrote:

Felices vuelos

Hello, I don´t speak English very well, sorry.
I´m 1,80 mt tall and I don´t have problem for see front me (picture 01820)
I hope this pictures help you to make your panel
Regards, Javier
Sorry, error, look the second drawing
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Gary H wrote:Dave,, where's your plane????? In the air yet? I see you out on the water,, info please.

GW
Must be some other ugly, gnarly looking bird.... we've been in the hangar since September.

Tore out ALL engine and airframe wiring and removed the Composite Designs power panel that I never liked to replace with toggle switch circuit breakers, new wire, better and more redundant guages, & completely new engine wire harness. New, larger, higher in the middle by ~1 1/2 " instrument panel too that tilts out easily for work. About the same size as Javier's but, forward of the panel metal, it drops down flat right behind the panel to the cowl area in order to leave a flat space to throw the headsets in.

Welded shut a half inch opening in the exhaust line that powers the turbocharger that was spilling lots of exhaust and playing havoc with our boost readings and ultimate power output levels.

A very knowledgable racing engine guy performed a computerized engine diagnostics and determined we were only getting about 90 HP the way the engine was rigged! Probably have to repitch the prop one more time. Will do full power tests very soon to see....

Also cleaned up the proof-of-concept belly radiators for drag reduction by raking them back as planned and increased water radiator efficiency with a custom all-aluminum radiator.

Degaussing airframe too.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Holy Cow Dave!!!!! You've been busy!!!
Steve D N419LD
Trilander Ted
Seasoned Member

Post by Trilander Ted »

This panel is six years old, and I have moved the compass from the hole that now has the airspeed mount,to a high forward position in the wind screen. I used a 1/8th by 2"x4" aluminum extrusion about nine inches long. It's a trickey fit, but it nice and solid, plus easy to view. I realize that my Lorance 2000 is over the hill "stuff", but I like it enough that bought a second new one on E-bay for safety sake. I really like my enigma "glass", I know there's new an better stuff, so don't be afraid of "glass", it's the way to go.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Excellent idea!!
Steve D N419LD

Return to “Just Aircraft”