Escapade Builder/New to the Site

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
dauckjl
Seasoned Member

Escapade Builder/New to the Site

Post by dauckjl »

Hi everybody,

I am happy I stumbled upon this board.  It is great to hear from other Just Aircraft builders.  My Dad, Grandpa, and myself are building #37 (an Escapade).  Yeah, that's right somebody is actually building an Escapade and not a Highlander :shock:   We picked up our kit in February of '04 from the old Caldwell, ID factory and the Highlander didn't exist yet.  There was actually a fuselage on the floor there that Troy said he was going to build with a bigger wing and tail.  They showed up at OSH that year with a Highlander and the rest is history.
 Whether it is the Escapade or the Highlander, it is guaranteed to be a great airplane.  I can't wait until we get ours done and get to see that STOL capability.  We fly Ercoupes now and those things love the ground.

I know I have talked to KevinC before and I met Stan at OSH this year and I may have met more of you guys (I was the one constantly showing off the pics of our "almost done" airplane in the JA booths).
 We have a builder's log at http://www.riocreekairport.com/escapade.htm

Justin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dauckjl on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinC
Veteran Member

Post by KevinC »

Justin,

Wow your Escapade really looks great! You are getting close.  Thanks for the reply on reaming - seems to be what I do every night.  Unfortunately I just finished smoothing out the insides of the rudder cable guides (!) - nice and smooth now.

Welcome!

Kevin
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Justin,

I have been through your builders log several times and used it in my initial decision process of considering Just Aircraft.  Great log of events and super looking work.  Keep us posted as to your progress, etc.  Also, I'm a new person to these boards but welcome.

Paul
Paul, PA

Return to “Just Aircraft”