Okay, here is my wt-bal worksheet...

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Okay, here is my wt-bal worksheet...

Post by danerazz »

...and it is free, not guaranteed to do anything or to not have errors, and if you don't like it you can change it or ask me nicely and I can TRY to fix it.

I accept no responsibility for any calculations this thing outputs or any accidents or other harm resulting from its use.

With that being said, I am pretty sure it is pretty accurate :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
gkremers
Veteran Member

Re: Okay, here is my wt-bal worksheet...

Post by gkremers »

Very nice job.

I played around with the pilot/passenger weights, fuel load and baggage. Sure looks like it works great. Now I just have to finish the build so I can input MY base numbers.

Thanks for sharing

Gary
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Just remember, the first page is just for planning/construction, and totals on that page are for EVERYTHING on that page only. If you weigh the plane and have anything above the wheel weights it will add all of that up, but only on that page. When building the plane you can add everything up until you make the last weigh-in then put those numbers in the main/tw weights. If you build a tri-gear just put the appropriate negative arm value in the tailwheel arm. Once you weigh the plane at the gear, clear out all of the entries in the top part and then you can see how new/moved equipment will change things.

The wheel weights will transfer to the operational page as well as passenger, fuel and baggage moments. This keeps things from getting accidentally changed on the operational page, and keeps that page clean. It also let's you change them easily when necessary.

Obviously the graph is just for reference, but helps me visualize everything.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
gkremers
Veteran Member

Post by gkremers »

It is similar to the one someone on the RV forums created. Data page tailored to your aircraft, second tab for the info that change based on that particular flight.

The file will be nice to create multiple min/max scenarios. Pilot only with no baggage and min fuel, same with max fuel, same with max baggage, et...

Very nice job....Glad you took the time to put it together. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Bustin' my bubble with someone else's prior idea :o

Just kidding. I guess you could pretty easily use exactly this for about any lsa, just need to adjust the arms and cg limits.

Anyway, it was fun making it.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis

Return to “Just Aircraft”