Escapade trailer

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Charlie Reilly

Escapade trailer

Post by Charlie Reilly »

Hello everyone:
 I am new to this forum I ordered an escapade from factory am looking for info on enclosed trailers.Does Can anyone recomend a specific brand most i have looked at do not have wide enough door in back.
KevinC
Veteran Member

Post by KevinC »

You might want to talk to the dealer in LaGrande, Oregon.  I know they have used a trailer and have sold at least one to a Highlander owner.  Their website is http://www.aerocomppca.com/index.htm

Kevin
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

Charlie,
I assume you mean a trailer to hold the completed airplane.  I am not sure about the size needed, but Jack at Cornell Aero has a trailer that he hauls his Highlander in.  He will give you the specifics.  I think it takes an 81/2' x 24' trailer that is over 7' tall at the door, for the taildragger.

There are more posts in the Experimental homebuilt section of Just Aircraft.  Lots of other builders who may have information for you.

When did you start your build?  how far along are you?
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

Jamie knows a guy that is building & selling some custom
trailers. Give him a call. He has one at the factory now.
Very nice!

Johnny C!
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Post by ftcaruso »

Charlie -  I just found this site as a link from Tim's Highlander web page.  I started Highlander Ser #109 about 3 months ago, and am building same at the Just Aircraft factory in upstate SC (I live on the SC coast) under their "builders assist program".  Since I do much of my business travels with a bus style motor home, I wanted a trailer to pull the aircraft with, but was finding that none had doors that were wide enough to allow the plane to pass through without damaging the wing leading edges.  So I had Classic Trailers modify an existing powered parachute line to accomodate the Highlander with a full 98" wide door and a 91" height (plenty of room with an almost 8' interior ) as well as a heavier ramp (just in case I want to transport my VW Jetta someday).  This was not a cheap solution (cost was very close to $10k), but it will now double as my hanger when I am at my home field (which does not charge a monthly tie-down fee if you provide your own storage shed--so it may pay in the long run).  If you provide me your mailing address, I would be happy to send you one of their flyers for their "Aviator" line of trailer, or you can contact their dealer, Randy Bureck, at 209-435-9665 (Cell # 269-535-0002), who operates out of Constantine, MI.  I towed the trailer back from MI in September, and it tracked very well behind my 28,000 lb. motor home.  However the trailer weighs almost 4,500# so it is NOT a lightweight (with plane and fuel, and accessories it will probably weigh close to 5,500#)

Frank Caruso    e-mail ftcaruso@sprintpcs.com

Return to “Just Aircraft”