And from England we have....

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
Johnny luvs Biplanes
Forum Regular

And from England we have....

Post by Johnny luvs Biplanes »

Hi all, I'm from England, no not in America but the real one across the Atlantic ocean :mrgreen:
I'm a 49 year old biplane fan but as yet only fly microlight aircraft.
I'm just starting out collecting parts (and money) for my project, a Flitzer biplane.
It's a 1926 style single seater small sporting aeroplane, all wood and will have the Corvair motor I've bought.
I have a double garage for working in and it is now well stocked with equipment but currently very untidy!
As i was a car mechanic for 31 years before changing to the big stuff (trains), I have a very good knowlege of mechanics and electrics.
Hope to chat sometime with whoever joins this forum.
Cheers,
John
Go love a biplane today :)
Brett
Topic Moderator

Post by Brett »

Johnny
I tried to register with your group in England but it said I was not a P..whatever member
Brett
www.Hog-air.com
If your not going to try, then whats the point of talking about it?
Johnny luvs Biplanes
Forum Regular

Brett, you have found out how crap our PFA are! This is THE regulatory body for homebuilt and some vintage aviation (in England) who will only let MEMBERS of the PFA post on the BB, it is a sad state of affairs.
Please would you send me a letter of complaint (email) I can copy and post on the site.
How they can support the industry when a manafucturer is prevented from notifying the buying public amazes me (rant over).
Cheers
John
Brett
Topic Moderator

Post by Brett »

Hey write me the letter with you want it to say. Send it to me with the address it needs to go to and I'll send it back.
You'll like this one. I am putting the Harley in a Der Jager Dix Bi Plane. :wink:
What do ya think?
If your not going to try, then whats the point of talking about it?
Johnny luvs Biplanes
Forum Regular

Be interesting to see the engine in a biplane, is it out in the breeze at all, or fully cowled in?
John
Sandy Hutton

Post by Sandy Hutton »

:D

Hi folks,

I have just joined up and looking forward to popping into the site for a read during my coffee breaks. Johnny, I'll be looking out for your follow up on the PFA BB. As far as I can make out, the PFA BB was getting a bit out of hand and it was being abused by non members for a long time. I can't defend the decision to revert back to members only because it predates my entry onto the staff..Why not ask the EC?

Cheers
Johnny luvs Biplanes
Forum Regular

Hi Sandy
I still read the PFA BB daily but now rarely contribute, prefering this and another US site, no politics on them!
Good to hear from someone else in theUK here :)
Cheers,
John
Sandy Hutton

Post by Sandy Hutton »

:D

I don't post on the PFA BB either since I know I'm likely to get a grilling over a lot of stuff I'm not really involved in. Call it guilty by association if you like. Hope your Flitzer project is going well and maybe we'll see you at the FFF rally in July? G-FLIZ stole the show for me last year and that was before I knew it was a prizewinner.

Cheers
Johnny luvs Biplanes
Forum Regular

Hi Sandy,
I most certainly will be at FFF in July, mostly in the thick of the Flitzer stuff.
This year we will win best of show with Rupery Wasey's supremly stunning Flitzer Z21 Roundtail, it is so perfect and a gorgeuos piece of art!
Cheers,
John :)
[/img]
10kDA

Hello UK Members

Post by 10kDA »

I have been trying to get contact info for Arthur WJG Ord Hume, PFA member and contributor of tech articles to EAA's Sport Aviation mag in years past. Anyone know how to contact him?

Thanks in advance,

Chris in New Mexico
Johnny luvs Biplanes
Forum Regular

Chris
I have no idea other than trying through the PFA office.
John

Return to “Introductions”