Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Re: Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

Post by scubarider2 »

Gosh I hope I can make it this year. 8)
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

Had a blast last year so unless bad weather keeps me away, I'll definitely be there again this year. Thanks for hosting this Billy...
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
gkremers
Veteran Member

Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

Post by gkremers »

Billy,
I'm really bummed that I have a wedding to attend the same weekend in Jekyll Island. I may be able to fly up early Friday and stay until 2:00pm. Are there usually planes that arrive on Friday. Looks like a 1:40 minute flight from Jekyll to your place.

Gary
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Gary, you must have a fast plane. Jekyll to here in Cleveland which is below {south} of Billy usually takes me at least 2 1/2 hours depending on wind. Just so you plan accordingly. :mrgreen:
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
gkremers
Veteran Member

Post by gkremers »

Dennis,
My Highlander is not finished so I'll be flying my RV7A. I really wanted to spend 2 or 3 days looking at how you guys and gals did some of the FWF stuff. I'm hoping the weather is nice and I can spend 6 hours or so on Friday.

photo.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

2014 West Coast Highlander fly-in

Post by stede52 »

Hey Guys,
We're getting more and more Highlanders out here in the west and we think its time for a West Coast Highlander Fly-In. The place will be near and around the Alvord Hot Springs area of Eastern Oregon which has desert/mountain flying and everything in between. It looks like we'll be planning it for the summer of 2014 and I'm mentioning it now to give all you Highlanders (north, south, east and west) the oppurtunity to plan for it. I'll keep you all posted.
Steve D N419LD
donRNO

Post by donRNO »

Great idea, Steve. I'll do my best to participate..........don
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Just booked my airline tickets into ATL, and a room at the Hampton Inn. So I will be joining in the fun at the fly in this year. Cant wait to meet some of you folks, so I can put a face with the names.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
MH434
Forum Regular

Post by MH434 »

Hi Billy. I'm coming over from New Zealand early May to test a new aircraft at Virginia Beach. We also have an airshow there on the 18/19 May so the 11/12 May might just work for me. How far are you from Virginia Beach by road, and/or air.

Thanks

Keith
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

there should be plenty of planes here on friday to look at,
virginia beach is about a 6 hr drive from plane fun days.
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

Billy
I put the May 10-12 dates on my clanedar and I am going to plan on visiting this year by car. Even if, for some reaason, something comes up to prevent me from attending I would still be interested in a couple of shirts. I have been involved in volleyball for many years and have a lot of experience in shirts. Are you doing cotton or are you looking at all at the moisture wicking tech available. Frankly, the newer tech shirts are all I wear now, they are so confortable, but I would settle for cotton if that is all you are ordering.
Thanks
Joe B
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

i will check into that. private message me your sizes and i can special you some if im not going that route..thanks billy
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

hey everybody . with my good looks and charm i got us the same deal at hamton inn as last year..just tell them your with plane fun days flyin ..thanks billy
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

Billy does that mean they doubled the normal price? Wish we could make it but there is just no way again this year.
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Steve,
It sounds like, from talking with Troy, you have way too much work to do in your shop to be coming to the fly in anyway. Sounded like you left with a trailer load of projects to work on. How is youe SuperSTOL coming along? I assume you are going to put in a Super 912.?
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com

Return to “Just Aircraft”