Just Aircraft Evening at Oshkosh?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
moving2time
Veteran Member

Just Aircraft Evening at Oshkosh?

Post by moving2time »

Superfly mentioned it first. Does anyone have an idea of where we could schedule an evening for Just Aircraft Builders/Owners to get together, have a beer, and meet each other near Oshkosh. I will be there Saturday through Wednesday. Superfly mentioned that he would be there through Thursday. I don't know the area well enough to pick a place but it sure would be a blast. Say 8:00 PM or so! Maybe Wednessday evening? I have only been ot Oshkosh once so I can't help with the planning or I would make the arrangements and let ecveryone know. Any ideas or interest?
Familyflyer
Veteran Member

Re: Just Aircraft Evening at Oshkosh?

Post by Familyflyer »

Wednesday will not work for me. The entire family really wants to go see Chris Hadfield speak that night. Tuesday will be better, but don't let me change any of the plans. Monday is the RV social, so I will be attending it. I will follow this and do my best to meet up if something gets organized. SOS bros tent might be a good spot for beer.
Troy Branch

SuperStol 914
Branchair on Youtube
http://www.amateurbuiltfamilyfun.com/
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Tuesday would be better for me personally. How about we just plan for the SOS tent at 8. Come one come all. I'll wear my Just Aircraft shirt, anyone else that has them, try to wear them that night just to make it easier to find the group. SOS is a pretty popular spot once the sun sets...

In the past, we have tried to set up meeting places off the grounds, and it is difficult, because there are so many people in town that week. Every place is over run with airplane fanatics. SOS is close and easy to find. If you are not familiar, look for the big yellow balloon floating in the sky. They fly that thing every year over the SOS tent.

It is located on Waukau Ave just west of the main gate to the grounds.

See you all there.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Forgot to mention, I believe the night airshow is on Wednesday as well, some may want to see that. Hope Tuesday works for most.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
Familyflyer
Veteran Member

Post by Familyflyer »

Tuesday should work for me. I have no Just Aircraft shirt or hat, maybe I can get one there;-)
Troy Branch

SuperStol 914
Branchair on Youtube
http://www.amateurbuiltfamilyfun.com/
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

Sounds like a plan. Hope we get more than the three of us!
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

Carl and I are flying up our for the "return of the champions" promotion. We will be flying into the ultralight area and will be there most of the week. A Tuesday night get together sounds great to me!
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
accent air
Seasoned Member

Post by accent air »

I will be there wed through sat wed is the best day for people that come the beginning or mid week just my opinion hope to meet you all there
Kris Griewahn
Accent Heating & Air
super stol #280
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

Rick, are you bringing up both planes? It will be great to see you guys again. Fly safe. See you Tuesday!
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

Yeah, Carl and I are both flying up. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
gkremers
Veteran Member

Post by gkremers »

Rick,
What day are you and Carl planning to arrive. I took loads of pics 2 years ago of both your planes, after that I ordered the kit. Still need some ideas on the close out area between the flaps and turtle deck, I thought either you or Carl finished it off really nice. I don't want to go the plexiglas route like I've seen on other Highlanders.

Thanks
Gary
Carl

Post by Carl »

Rick and I plan on landing in the afternoon on Sunday. As far as we know, we're flying up with Troy and Gary. Taking over the sky.
gkremers
Veteran Member

Post by gkremers »

Carl,
I'm trying to get out there on Monday. Do you have any pics of how you closed out the area between the flaps and turtle deck.

Thanks,
Gary
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday evening, or at one of JA's booths.
Ronnie Smith dropped of my new engine yesterday on his way up to Oshkosh to up the Rotax booth. Had a nice visit with him, and he went over some of the install and first start procedures.
Pretty exciting to have a shiny new engine sitting there ready to go on.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Another year has past, many new Highlanders and SuperSTOLS are flying, and the family has grown.

Come on out to the Tuesday evening meet up at the SOS tent again. 8 o'clock. It was pretty well received last year and well attended.

**Unofficial Just Aircraft builders meet up, Tuesday July 29th, 2014 at 8:00 in the evening at the SOS brothers beer tent.**

Open to all builders and pilots of Just Aircraft airplanes, and those that aren't, but wish they were.

See you then.

Waukau Ave just west of the main gate entrance. Look for the big yellow ballon flying high over head. Don't forget to wear your Just aircraft shirt or hat.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!

Return to “Just Aircraft”