For Sale: 912S Super Motor

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
john2
Veteran Member

For Sale: 912S Super Motor

Post by john2 »

Hi folks,
I have decided to take a different route on motor for my SuperStol and have my turbo'd 912S for sale. I live at sea level and I really do not need the turbo engine for my everyday flying so I am going with standard 912S. If you live and fly in the mountains everyday or just want the extra kick you can't beat this engine, ask Steve Henry. This is a 130 hour motor that was built by Ronnie Smith and If I need to tell you who Ronnie is you don't keep track of Rotax news very well. The motor has all the premium stuff done to it such as, ported heads, forged pistons, welded crank and ceramic coating of pistons, heads and exhaust. Price for the engine with oil tank and ring mount is $26,500. Please call Ronnie if you have any questions about the engine. His shop number is 601-947-4953.
Take Care,
John Cooley
Kit #265 converted to SuperSTOL
N265JC reserved
bandit
Forum Regular

Re: For Sale: 912S Super Motor

Post by bandit »

Why go to standard 912s? Is it just because you don't need extra power or is it more maintenance or?

Thanks,
Bandit :?:
john2
Veteran Member

Post by john2 »

bandit wrote:Why go to standard 912s? Is it just because you don't need extra power or is it more maintenance or?

Thanks,
Bandit :?:
Bandit,
There are several reasons for the change and actually I will be using a 912S with big bore kit which is close to 914 power wise. Of course it won't have the performance at high altitude that the turbo motor does but I'm at sea level and 99.9% of my flying will be at or slightly above sea level so I believe it is the more feasible thing for me. The other reasons are weight, fuel burn and complexity of the system. If I lived in the mountains or did most of my flying in the mountains I would probably stick with turbo engine.
Take Care,
John Cooley
N265JC reserved
bandit
Forum Regular

Post by bandit »

I see your point, just looking for answers to all these questions I have before I order my kit!
How much heavier is it than the big bore 912?

Thanks
Bandit :)
john2
Veteran Member

Post by john2 »

bandit wrote:How much heavier is it than the big bore 912?

Thanks
Bandit :)
The difference is same as 914 vs 912S which is about 25lbs.
Take Care,
John Cooley
N265JC reserved

Return to “Just Aircraft”