Rage Gear Video

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
User GDS
Veteran Member

Rage Gear Video

Post by User GDS »

I made a short video to feature the new addition to my Highlander, Rage Gear. It is a replacement for the stock bungee gear that comes with the kit. The gear uses a larger, single loop bungee and a Fox Airshock that is adjustable. I really like it, the combination of the Airstreaks and the Rage Gear make ground handling very forgiving. As you can see from the video, it reduces the force transmitted to the fuselage during landing.

http://vimeo.com/96424041

I'm interested to try it with the little tires, I think this gear will tame the beast when landing on pavement.
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview
levyland
Veteran Member

Re: Rage Gear Video

Post by levyland »

Great video Gary thanks for sharing with everyone
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

That's a big change in rebound. The damping effect of the RAGE gear takes the Highlander closer to the SuperSTOL.

Reducing the spring size and adding shock absorbers follows the pattern in the automotive world ... 75 years later. :shock:

Good job, Gary.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

I have it on my new Highlander that should be in the air very soon with (for now) a big bore 110 hp Rotax on it. My SS suspension has really spoiled me and I think this is a great mod for the Highlander especially for off airport landings. Actual dampened suspension when dialed in pretty much works on any kind of vehicle.
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
User GDS
Veteran Member

Post by User GDS »

I'm still working on the pressures for the airshock. The range is 50-150psi. So far I've used 55 and 70. Can't tell much difference on landing, but I had full fuel and a load in the back last week and when I landed the wheels stayed kinda bowed out, that was with 55psi.
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview

Return to “Just Aircraft”