SuperSTOL Control Sticks

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
kenryan
Veteran Member

SuperSTOL Control Sticks

Post by kenryan »

I have noticed Highlanders using a control stick with two bends. The sticks I got with my SS are straight. Would bent sticks be better on the SuperSTOL or should I just stick with the straight ones? The straight ones do seem to nearly touch the panel at full down elevator.
Super Stol Kit #299
danerazz
Veteran Member

Re: SuperSTOL Control Sticks

Post by danerazz »

All of the kits come with straight sticks, it is a bit of a reach for the average guy. A lot of people are putting the bends in for ergonomics. It is a personal question to be answered while you sit in your unfinished fuselage and make airplane noises.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
FlyerChief
Veteran Member

Post by FlyerChief »

I cut 30 mm. (1.25") off the sticks on my Highlander. There is still plenty of stick authority and it fits nicely under the panel even with my thumb on the PTT button.

Dan
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ~Henry Ford
User GDS
Veteran Member

Post by User GDS »

I'm a knuckle dragger, 37" arms, I left the sticks straight and they fit nicely.
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview
Trilander Ted
Seasoned Member

Post by Trilander Ted »

I too, wanted a "shaped" control stick. I built my Highlander in Idaho, next to the new KitFox factory, so I bought K/F control sticks from John McBean (after some haggling) and modified there shape to fit my comfort design. To me, this was an important cockpit design change as it adds to the overall comfort. Sorry, I need help with pictures. Trilander Ted

Return to “Just Aircraft”