The long wait is over

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
levyland
Veteran Member

Re: The long wait is over

Post by levyland »

Congrats Jak, let's see some picks..........
Chief
Seasoned Member

Post by Chief »

Congratulations Jack!
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Post by preacoupe »

Jak,

It is only right that you can have yours too. You've given so much over the years to all of us, it is now your time. Hope to see you at Oshkosh with (or without) your plane. Can't wait to see her.

I'm happy for you.

Dennis
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Ok here is the only picture I can get loaded up for now. Its the day before we flew and the skylight and doors are not on yet and it hasn't been washed but you can see what it looks like I will send more pictures later. Jak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pick up a rifle and you instantly change from a subject to a citizen.
mhcrowder
Veteran Member

Post by mhcrowder »

Jak, AWESOME! I'm coming down next Thursday to pickup my Highlander kit, also with nosewheel and Grove gear. I'm sure I'll be having some questions as I build on this particular configuration!

--
Michael
Building Highlander #371
http://highlander371.blogspot.com/
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

I got to solo my plane today I have 18 hrs and 100 landings so far man is this fun now. Haven't really paid much attention to any real world numbers yet still trying to learn to land it without wading it up. I appears about 95 mph at 5000. I did some stalls today, and again for the first time they appeared to be in the high 40s or so I really didn't get to look that long. I was grinning so big I was obscuring my own vision. Jak
Pick up a rifle and you instantly change from a subject to a citizen.
FlyerChief
Veteran Member

Post by FlyerChief »

Congratulations Jak...

Your stalls were likely done clean (no flaps) if you are stalling that fast. Once you get comfortable doing them try it with 2 then with 3 notches of flaps and you should see the stall speed come down significantly.

I just finished burning off the mandatory hours on mine and I'm still grinning like a Cheshire cat too! I hope to have the conditions on the C of A removed next week on mine... Wooohoo... what a blast these are to fly!!! :D :D :D

Dan
Highlander #241
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ~Henry Ford
jjacky
Veteran Member

Post by jjacky »

Jak...I've been out of the loop for a few months and now I'm back and really please to see this post. You are an inspiration...an inspiration...(repeat for the hundreds of time you have inspired me)....bird.
Plan not to be the first at the scene of the accident!

Return to “Just Aircraft”