Fuel Tank Sealing?

For general discussion of the Vision aircraft.
db

Fuel Tank Sealing?

Post by db »

I have followed the Vision development for several years along with a few other types of aircraft. I intend to make a decision on what to build sometime in the coming year. The execution and quality that was appearent in Dave Cress' project has kept my attention for some time. What was the resolution of the fuel leakage problems Dave reported with his wing tanks? Is there a problem with the tank design?
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

db,

Somehow I setup the vision forum wrong. I usually only have "guest" posting enabled in the Help forums. Please register by clicking the link on the top menu bar for continued access to posting messages. Sorry for the problem.

Sean Caranna
WingsForum.com Admin
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
Scott
Topic Moderator

Fuel Tank Design

Post by Scott »

The Fuel tank design is typical to most composite planes.

Dave has decided to work on other priorities at this time.
Scott VanderVeen
www.pro-composites.com
g obrien

Re: Fuel Tank Sealing?

Post by g obrien »

Not speaking for Dave but,a KIS aircraft had damage in his composite fuel tanks and spar from ethanol in auto gas, disolving the epoxy. A tank sealer brand called Jeffco sold through Aircraft Spruce did the job. There are many gas stationes that sell auto gas without ethanol,just do a google search for gasoline without ethanol to find them. There is nothing wrong with the fuel tank design.
flyboyben

Re: Fuel Tank Sealing?

Post by flyboyben »

This stuff will seal the tank and not be harmed by ethanol. http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A poly or nylon bladder could also be used.It would decrease volume a little.
Fly for excitement.
Ride for freedom.
Drive for chores.

Return to “Vision Aircraft”