Flap return springs

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Trilander Ted
Seasoned Member

Re: Flap return springs

Post by Trilander Ted »

Dane; Since your good at designing "mousetrap" springs, maybe you could design some for our rudder pedals and help out with the "loose" rudder annoyance. OK, first things first.
Trilander Ted
Seasoned Member

Post by Trilander Ted »

Dane: Since you are good at designing "mousetrap springs" maybe you could design some rudder pedal return springs and help eliminate that annoyance. I know, first things first.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Ted,

I have thought about that, and am looking into it. It will require a bigger diameter wire, and a bigger "tool" to wind them. I just need to figure out how they will mount.

Sheepdog, thanks for the financial advice. I'm just trying to solve a problem, but you are right, if it isn't worth my time to make them, I won't. I am thinking of a whole kit with all of the parts, and I figured the whole kit would be about $25.

As to the stretching issue, I have been thinking of adding a stop in the bellcrank/hinge area (between the hinge plates), but the torsion spring seems to tolerate the over flex quite well (so far). The stop would probably be good for the whole flap though. I can increase the number of coils to increase the "travel" but it will reduce the spring force. I think it is at a good balance right now.

Thanks again, I'll keep refining and hopefully get some data back soon (no pressure warelev!).
Dane

Paralysis by analysis

Return to “Just Aircraft”