N325AB first flight

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
gkremers
Veteran Member

Re: N325AB first flight

Post by gkremers »

All,
Thank you very much for the kind words. So far it's been a blast. After the first flight I went through everything and did make some small adjustments. The left wing trailing edge needed to be lowered by 2 full turns, much better on the next flight. The flaps needed to be adjusted down about 3/16". I also adjusted the Rage gear pressure about 10 lbs lower, it's set at 75 now and seems about right. I'll keep my eye on it as I practice landings on hard surface and grass.

OAT was 78 tonight
5200RPM
Oil temp 205
Oil pressure 60
Water temp 220 (seems a little high)
Air speed 96MPH, I will do some testing on this with a triangular GPA course.

Jak,
My friend has not done much on his kit yet, life and work are getting in the way. He'll start it when things settle down.

Joe B. I'm going to get a GoPro mount to take some video, I'll try and get some of the Rage gear. If you want to come up to Michigan I live at Ottawa Executive Air Park (Z98) come up anytime, just send me a PM and we'll work something out.

Dane,
Yes, the inboard mounts are for skis. I posted a quick shot so you get the idea. (Sorry it's upside down...darn iPhone)
photo.JPG

I have 5.7 hours, 12 landings and loving every minute of it, especially the fuel burn!

The RV is starting to feel left out.

Thanks again,
Gary
N325AB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
levyland
Veteran Member

Post by levyland »

Noe looking airplane Gary congrats from NZ!
User GDS
Veteran Member

Post by User GDS »

Great looking airplane, congratulations! B Hartunian sends his congratulations, too.

The bungees that came with your Rage Gear are probably 1280HD. I replaced them with the 1280, which are rated for a couple hundred pounds less weight. Now they travel more and I have 110psi in the airshocks.

Highlander and an RV are a near perfect combination if you are going to own two airplanes.
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

John, how are the hours going? Anything new to report on the break-in-period? Looks like I may not be able to get out there till later in August or maybe early September. The schedule is tight now specially with Oshkosh bearing down on us. Looks like it may be about a two hour flight for me in the CT to Western Michigan. I might try to plan another stop along the way to visit some on line friends. Should be fun. Anything interesting to report on the Roberts Gear? Fly safe. Joe B
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Congratulations on the first flight, also on probly having the only Highlander paint job that "looks" fast.

Return to “Just Aircraft”