Bondo (bodyfiller) Rant

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Tralika
Veteran Member

Bondo (bodyfiller) Rant

Post by Tralika »

I finally found something I dislike more than sheetrocking. Understand that I have given away my sheetrocking tools three times over the years. "This is the last time I'll ever do sheetrock!" was what I said each time only to be faced with another unavoidable project a few years later. But Bondo, this stuff makes sheetrocking seem like fun. I just got done doing my fuel tanks and it took forever. I couldn't get the stuff to lay down, smooth out, feather, anything. I kept thinking, "This time for sure," only to find a bunch of low spots and pits, etc. I bet I sanded off half a can of the miserable stuff. My jaw is sore from grinding my teeth all day. I'm going to finish up around the front lift struts and that's it. "This is the last time I'll ever do Bondo! I mean it!"

OK, rant complete, back to work.
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon
FredHoffman
Veteran Member

Re: Bondo (bodyfiller) Rant

Post by FredHoffman »

Your right bondo is not a fun part of the project, so I used jut a very small amount. I cut .016 aluminum strips to fill in the gaps on the tank.

Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User GDS
Veteran Member

Post by User GDS »

wait til you start painting!
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview
Wmilbauer
Forum Regular

Post by Wmilbauer »

There is a product called micro lite by west marine that is a fairing material you might be able to us end it sands very good.
Wayne

Return to “Just Aircraft”