Which Prop

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
av8rps
Veteran Member

Re: Which Prop

Post by av8rps »

Last I know Ivo still has their 30 day money back return if you're not satisfied. Maybe give them a call for advice?

My 68 inch prop on my kitfox is faster than the 72 inch I tried, and my cut down 66 inch is the fastest of the bunch, but my climb was reduced by about 25 percent compared to the 72. So my 68 is a good blend of cruise and climb.

So... maybe Daryl at Warp would let you try some shorter blades?
Av8r3400
Seasoned Member

Post by Av8r3400 »

I'd love to know how the new Catto and Prince props perform in the (required by Rotax) Mass Moment of Inertia test. A 72" tapered tip nickel Warp Drive will fail, leading to premature gearbox wear and damage.

http://www.aviasport.com/Rotax/Document ... 11ul91.pdf
Av8r3400
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I believe the 70in 3-blade Warp is as much inertia as the 912uls can handle. I believe someone did a test on it. Not me...
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Av8r3400
Seasoned Member

Post by Av8r3400 »

I tested my 70", taper tip, nickel inlaid, 3-blade and it was okay. It is right at the extreme limit, but it was still okay. I have had to do gearbox repairs at 400 hours TT on this setup...

I was hoping that the lighter weight and two blades, rather than three, would offset the length of the Catto/Prince options.
Av8r3400

Return to “Just Aircraft”