Super STOL Stretch XL

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
HS-JAT
Veteran Member

Super STOL Stretch XL

Post by HS-JAT »

Did not see this posted here yet.

http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/03/ ... tretch-xl/

Just Aircraft introduces SuperSTOL Stretch XL

March 26, 2015 by General Aviation News Staff —Leave a Comment

WALHALLA, S.C. — To accommodate larger engines, Just Aircraft has introduced the new SuperSTOL Stretch XL.

By adding an extra 2 feet to the aft section of the fuselage and 6 inches up front, the SuperSTOL Stretch XL can now handle the new UL Power 520 engine series and the Lycoming O-320 engine series for 150/160 hp, company officials report.

SuperSTOLStretchXL
The standard SuperSTOL is powered by the 100-hp Rotax 912, which weighs approximately 165 pounds, with accessories, or the 115-hp Rotax 914, weighing 175 pounds.

The six-cylinder UL Power 520 weighs 255 pounds and the Lycoming O-320 is 315 pounds. The SuperSTOL Stretch can accommodate other types of engines weighing up to 315 pounds. Appropriate engine mounts and redesigned cowlings will accompany the SuperSTOL Stretch XL kits, company officials note.

Harrison Smith, who has completed Phase One flight testing, said: “This is one of the first aircraft in the world with a UL Power 520 engine, rated at 180 hp. Predictably, there’s an increase in the rate of climb and cruise speeds. The additional length in the Stretch XL provides handling similar to a high horsepower Super Cub. What’s really nice is that the UL Power 520 can burn autogas with up to 15% ethanol. The fact that the engine has six cylinders virtually eliminates vibration.”

The SuperSTOL Stretch XL’s rate of climb with the UL 520 is 3,000 fpm, company officials report. It will cruise 109 mph at 2,600 rpm and its landing speed is in the low 30s. Rollout with the UL 520 is 75 feet.
Swoopjack
Forum Regular

Re: Super STOL Stretch XL

Post by Swoopjack »

So this means I'm probably gonna have to spend more money that I thought. Wonder how much more?
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Just wait until the four seat version comes out.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Just saw the Stretch XL Super STOL fly into Sun&Fun's Paradise City flown by Harrison Smith. Very nice and first Just to arrive.

Yeehaa!

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.

Return to “Just Aircraft”