Sensenich Flight Test Report

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
av8rps
Veteran Member

Re: Sensenich Flight Test Report

Post by av8rps »

Dennis,

You're killing me... any further opinions or performance updates on your new Sensenich? Or are you still struggling with weather?

I'm hoping you are going to respond with something like "Having so much fun with my new 200 mph Just airplane that I haven't taken the time to even look at the forum". :lol:

I see you have listed your Warp for sale, so apparently you must like the Sensenich enough to want to keep it?

Paul S
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Killing YOU???? :shock:
Killing ME!! :x
LIfe and weather is getting in the way of my enjoyment for sure. Since my last post I have not had the opportunity to take the bird up and let her fly. Either the weather is just too bad on the weekend or I have other commitments that don't allow me to get to the hangar. All I can really say at this point is the prop is beautiful. :mrgreen:
Other than that I am praying for patience....good weahter and some time off to play.
Sorry,
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
RV6
Forum Regular

Post by RV6 »

While working on my Sensenwich 72'' prop dialing in my static RPM I noticed
by using a dig. angle tool that for every 1 degree of pitch change,there was aprox 200 RPM
change....I used a measurement from hub to close to center length of 17'' with blade
Horz numbering each blade with pic enclosed...

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

John,
I did work on mine with 4 separate changes trying to dial it in on my take-off roll to get 5200rpms. In making the changes I found a degree equaled right at 200rpms as well. 8)
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
av8rps
Veteran Member

Post by av8rps »

scubarider2 wrote:Killing YOU???? :shock:
Killing ME!! :x
LIfe and weather is getting in the way of my enjoyment for sure. Since my last post I have not had the opportunity to take the bird up and let her fly. Either the weather is just too bad on the weekend or I have other commitments that don't allow me to get to the hangar. All I can really say at this point is the prop is beautiful. :mrgreen:
Other than that I am praying for patience....good weahter and some time off to play.
Sorry,
Dennis
Ok Dennis, I agree. It has to be killing you to not be able to play with your new toy. Hopefully weather and your schedule will improve soon.
Jack L
Veteran Member

Post by Jack L »

RV6 wrote:While working on my Sensenwich 72'' prop dialing in my static RPM I noticed
by using a dig. angle tool that for every 1 degree of pitch change,there was aprox 200 RPM
change....I used a measurement from hub to close to center length of 17'' with blade
Horz numbering each blade with pic enclosed...

John
John,

I am getting the same result as you and Dennis are, 1 degree equals 200 RPM. When I decided to go with the digital protractor rather than the pins Charley at Sensenich told me to use the flat spot 10 - 12 inches in from the tips to set the protractor, so I marked each blade at 10.5 inches with a sharpie. I zero the protractor on the hub and set the blades from that reference. If seventeen inches in from the tips work for you than stick with it but if there is any rocking motion on your level try what Charley recommended.

Yesterday I tried 13.5 degrees and for the first time ever I can get to 5800 RPM WOT level flight. The air was very turbulent so I didn't get a chance to do any worthwhile testing. By the way, 13.5 degrees is outside of the pitch pins that Sensenich provides with the propellers.

Jack
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Sorry that I have not written about the new Sensenich prop that I put on. I have been down with my back (stupid getting old thing) for over two months now. I will share some numbers soon on the difference between the Warp and the Sensenich. But my first observation was that the new prop is down right beautiful versus the standard all black Warp. The Sensenich does get me off the ground a "bit" faster but that is it. I gained no cruise speed. I set the pitch so my rolling take-off is at 5200rpms just like my Warp. So right now if you are flying a Warp and thinking about a Sensenich just because it is prettier then go for it. If you want something noticeable in performance don't waste your money. So far pretty disappointed. Numbers to come.
Dennis

Return to “Just Aircraft”