Oshkosh Builders Meet Up 2015

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Oshkosh Builders Meet Up 2015

Post by SuperFly »

Hope everyone has their plans for Oshkosh all set up.

We will have an informal Just Aircraft builders, pilots, enthusiasts, etc... gathering at the SOS brothers tent on Waukua Avenue just outside the main entrance gate on Tuesday evening (July 21) at 7pm. If you haven't been there, look for the big yellow balloon flying high overhead. It is a beer tent, and they also have good food available too. Come on out and put a face to the names here on the forum.

Hope to see you all there.

If anyone at the factory reads this forum, please pass this along to Gary, Troy, and whomever else is coming up for the show. I know they don't follow this regularly.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
User GDS
Veteran Member

Re: Oshkosh Builders Meet Up 2015

Post by User GDS »

I'll be there, I'm the funny looking guy with the mustache and my dad will be in a scooter. Look forward to meeting you!
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Sounds good.
I should have included this in the first post, if you all have some sort of Just Aircraft wear, wear it that night. It'll help identify who you're supposed to be with. If you don't look for the group that does... :)

Last year I think there were about 20 there, hoping to grow that number a bit again this year.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

As was asked last year, where does all this "just aircraft wear" come from, I've never been offered anything, and all I have seen is stuff from dealers such as Steve Henry...

I won't be at Oshkosh until Thursday night this year, so unfortunately I will miss the meeting of SS builders.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Dane,

Stop by and see the factory gang at Oshkosh. (Im fairly certain you were planning to stop by there anyway) They typically take shirts to the airshows to sell. I think they are $20. Or at least were in the past.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Thanks,

I would like to show how the Rotec install is going. Hopefully I can catch Troy if he is interested.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Dane,

How about posting some pics on a new thread here!!! I'd love to see your progress. Im sure many on the list are interested.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

I'll put something together, things are MUCH slower than I would like. Not due to complexity or any real issues, but I usually only get a couple hours a week to work on it. I have had the kit for almost 4 years, but had a kid less than a year later, spent almost a year over seas, got a new job, am having a second child, etc...etc... Life sure gets in the way!

I am pushing hard to have it flying next spring, plan on covering and painting next month. The major portions are all done, but you know what they say: 90% done 90% to go.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
957DK
Seasoned Member

Post by 957DK »

Come on... Not one picture, not one comment from AirVenture? No update on the Tuesday night get together? Someone has to have a smart phone to post something, anything.
My plan was to have my phase one completed by Oshkosh but I'm 10 hours short so I wasn't able to attend this year but it's all good. We're getting our house ready to sell as we bought a home on a private air park (Sky Harbor Air Park in Webster Minnesota - 1MN8). It'll be nice to have the hangar, plane and a runway right next to the house.
Hope everybody had a good time at AirVenture.

Dan Kretchmer
N9157DK

Return to “Just Aircraft”