Catto Propellers Update

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Catto Propellers Update

Post by SuperFly »

Hello all.

I wanted to share this with the group to keep you all informed. The wild fires in California have forced many from their homes, and many have lost their homes. One of those is Craig Catto of Catto Propellers. His home was completely destroyed, as well as many of his family members homes. Currently, they are all living at the propeller shop at the airport. The primary reason I wanted to send along this info, is so if any of you are waiting on a prop from Craig, this is certainly a time when he could use some patience and understanding from customers. Here is his post to Facebook.

I wanted to reach out to everyone and personally thank you for your support, thoughts and prayers for our loss of our home last week during the Butte fire here in California. Myself, my three children and daughter in law all were able to go through the bedrooms, garage, house to grab most of meant the most that was not replaceable. And I have to tell everyone the kids grabbed all the old props hanging around that I made 25 to 30 years ago. Even the first prop I made when I was just 15 or so. Pictures, paperwork etc. My son and his wife who are expecting in January with my first grandchild lived in our guest house, they were able to get their wedding albums etc. My brother who lived about 5 miles away was awaken by the air attack aircraft and he was able to grab his keys, computer and just get out. We were just able to sneak up to our 7 acre property on Saturday to confirm it is all gone. It is a sight like no other and the feelings i can not describe. Today we are all back at work and will do our best to continue with normal operations here at Catto Propellers. Thank you everyone for your out reach and support. Craig, Sara, Nicole, Kyle, Ashley and soon KinsleeI wanted to reach out to everyone and personally thank you for your support, thoughts and prayers for our loss of our home last week during the Butte fire here in California. Myself, my three children and daughter in law all were able to go through the bedrooms, garage, house to grab most of meant the most that was not replaceable. And I have to tell everyone the kids grabbed all the old props hanging around that I made 25 to 30 years ago. Even the first prop I made when I was just 15 or so. Pictures, paperwork etc. My son and his wife who are expecting in January with my first grandchild lived in our guest house, they were able to get their wedding albums etc. My brother who lived about 5 miles away was awaken by the air attack aircraft and he was able to grab his keys, computer and just get out. We were just able to sneak up to our 7 acre property on Saturday to confirm it is all gone. It is a sight like no other and the feelings i can not describe. Today we are all back at work and will do our best to continue with normal operations here at Catto Propellers. Thank you everyone for your out reach and support. Craig, Sara, Nicole, Kyle, Ashley and soon Kinslee
Catto Home.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
john2
Veteran Member

Re: Catto Propellers Update

Post by john2 »

Sad news. Prayers for the Catto family and all who have suffered from these horrible circumstances.
Take Care,
John Cooley
Kit #265 converted to SuperSTOL
N265JC reserved

Return to “Just Aircraft”