Builder Threads - Just a Recommendation

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Builder Threads - Just a Recommendation

Post by AV8R Paul »

Builders Threads, I would like to make a recommendation to those of you that are actively building.

Each of the Builders should start a personal Thread and name it “Joe Blow’s Highlander” or “Joe Bloe’s Superstol”. Over time, when you have an update to your plane, post all of your progress in that thread. That way, those of us that are considering building a Just Aircraft, can go to the Highlander or the SuperSTOL threads and watch the progress. We can also look for ideas from one builder from the Kickoff of the Build, all the way to the First Flight.

I love the pictures & discussions on how to.
FYI I am contemplating a SuperSTOL.

Thanks
Paul Zimmermann
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Re: Builder Threads - Just a Recommendation

Post by SuperFly »

Hi Paul,

I like your idea, however, I think that would be an up hill battle to get many guys to do that, as a build project takes quite a bit of your time, and finding time to past with any regularity is very difficult.

I can tell you with this with certainty, as I started a website to chronicle my build, and it went pretty well for some time. But as I get closer to the end, and the big stuff starts coming together, it is very very difficult to spend the time posting rather than building.

I continued to keep pictures and log entries as I have continued building, so once it is flying, on crummy days, I will bring my website up to date. For now, I am headed back to the shop.

Cheers!
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
Tralika
Veteran Member

Post by Tralika »

Builders are required to keep a log of all work done. Nowadays I think most are keeping that log on computers but making a copy and posting it on the forum would be a hassle. Here's are link to someone that kept his log using an online photo database.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11739583 ... banner=pwa

I keep my build log on mykitlog.com. There are two other Highlander builds on mykitlog. One of those builds only has 10 hours logged so he either stopped building or stopped using the program for his log. I used those other builders as a resource when building my plane and I wish there were more available to look at.
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Tralika wrote:Builders are required to keep a log of all work done. Nowadays I think most are keeping that log on computers but making a copy and posting it on the forum would be a hassle. Here's are link to someone that kept his log using an online photo database.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11739583 ... banner=pwa

I keep my build log on mykitlog.com. There are two other Highlander builds on mykitlog. One of those builds only has 10 hours logged so he either stopped building or stopped using the program for his log. I used those other builders as a resource when building my plane and I wish there were more available to look at.
I like your Google photo’s, the Porsche in one photo is nice!

I currently have a Kitfox SLSA, and am a member of their forum. The Kitfox Forum has a couple of Builders that seem to be using their Forum Page as their method of Documenting Progress. There is a guy from Australia, that has set the bar for some really great posts.

As I have said, I currently have a Kitfox SLSA. The big problem with an SLSA is the inability to make any kind of changes to it. I was talking with a friend of mine and local area DAR Mel Asburry, and he said I should change it to a ELSA so I can make changes after that. However, I live in North Texas and there is not much scenery to look at when flying, so I have been focused on my STOL TO & Landings. The Super STOL looks like it would be a hoot, and I am thinking of building a SuperSTOL. I’m retired now and I finally have the time. I’m planning on making a visit to the Just Aircraft Factory, I’d like to see a Super STOL up close & personal.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A

Return to “Just Aircraft”