Alaska Superstol build

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Re: Alaska Superstol build

Post by AV8R Paul »

dkshow wrote:Paul, I got my first ride in Valdez with Robbie and now I'm here at his place building my own airplane. I would highly recommend giving him a call, he'd love to fly you around and give you demo. You'll love it and Rob is a highly qualified guy both in the shop and in the air. His number is 252-414-0930 he'd love to talk to you about flying or building.
I have reservations for a room in Valdez, I was thinking of canceling it because of the expense of the breakdown with my plane. However, I wonder if he’d give me a ride up there?
I did talk to Billy today. I have to get my BFR next summer, I was talking with him about getting transitioning training and my BFR out of the way.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

Paul, Rob and Billy are working together so that's all good. Rob is planning to compete again this year in Valdez and just said he'd love to fly with you there. It'd be perfect. I'm really hoping to have mine there as well so you'd get a chance to see several of them.
Keith Showalter
More Photos at www.keithshowalter.com
Anchorage, Alaska Superstol N445K
Built in NC with Rob Pedersen, Plane Fun Aircraft
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

I put the second coat of primer on the fuselage today then shot primer on all the tail feathers. The fuselage is sanded out and ready for color, I'm excited to see that happen soon. Tomorrow I'll sand and prep the tail and prime again. I'll probably just shoot color on the tail feathers right away Monday since I've got everything going there anyway. It's been going well, fun to see it getting painted. I'll probably need to shoot gear and struts soon just so I can get it on its feet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith Showalter
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

It's very interesting that all of the pics in this thread but one are upside down as viewed on my desktop Mac, but if viewed on my iPad all but one are correct. Any thoughts

Bruce
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

Bruce, I have no idea. I'm just posting from my iPhone through my browser. Maybe the forum moderators have an idea. I'd love to use Tapatalk but for some reason it can't see this forum. It's the best forum app out there I think.
Keith Showalter
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

BucF16 wrote:It's very interesting that all of the pics in this thread but one are upside down as viewed on my desktop Mac, but if viewed on my iPad all but one are correct. Any thoughts

Bruce
I have the same issue, maybe Apple isn't as great as they claim. It's no big deal. I always select the photo, so I can look at it in the larger format.

Edit I just went to the page on my iPad and they were all right side up. Ah it’s my Mac they are all upside down. It is obvious it must be those Gnomes that are working with Keith.
AV8R Paul
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

Tail is all painted up. Hoping to get started on the fuselage tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith Showalter
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

I am using a PC and so far as I remember, all the photos have been upside down. They are also upside down when I click on them to open them up. I save them and open them in paint so I can flip them. It is tough to focus on them when you are looking at details when they are upside down but we have talked about this before. I have had an issue with photos that I post showing up in duplicate. I have seen this on other post but not many. I wish I could get the gnomes in my computer to build me an awesome SS! Joe B
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

We needed to shoot a few final pieces for the other airplane so we ended up shooting my gear and struts today. Hoping to get the fuselage in the booth tomorrow.
Keith Showalter
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

We put the first color on the fuselage today. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I'm pretty excited to see how the other colors go with it. We shall see tomorrow.

Also Rob and I finished designing and installing a sealed bearing kit for the flap tracks. It works extremely well with Robs custom flap handle. The flaps move like they're on bearings, because they are. Super smooth. I believe Rob will be making a flap bearing kit available soon on Plane Funs website.
Keith Showalter
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

Finished the paint on my fuselage today. I'm super happy with how it looks. We faded the stripe from light silver on the tail to dark silver at the front. I can't wait to get it out of the booth and get it on the gear.
Keith Showalter
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

You picked up the kit 01/08/2016, and by 02/19/2016, in 6 weeks you have started painting. Un-believable, you definitely are making great progress.
I’m guessing you will have it ready to fly to the Valdez Fly In. I’m getting tired just watching your Progress!
AV8R Paul
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Looks like a nice Color for Alaska, but it would be extremely hot in Texas!
AV8R Paul
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

I got the fuselage out of the booth today and shot primer on my flaps and ailerons and slats and some misc parts, sanded out and shot the second coat on everything. I'm planning on shooting color on the slats tomorrow then helping Rob wrap up some wiring on his airplane.

Here's another pic of the fuselage. I absolutely love how it turned out.
Keith Showalter
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

dkshow wrote:I got the fuselage out of the booth today and shot primer on my flaps and ailerons and slats and some misc parts, sanded out and shot the second coat on everything. I'm planning on shooting color on the slats tomorrow then helping Rob wrap up some wiring on his airplane.

Here's another pic of the fuselage. I absolutely love how it turned out.
I do like the paint scheme. Looking good!
AV8R Paul

Return to “Just Aircraft”