How about some panel pictures?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Re: How about some panel pictures?

Post by SheepdogRD »

SuperFly wrote:The stick grips were custom made in the Chech Republic. They customized the grip with the label for Nitrous for me. They are very very nice. I do wish the seam was on the right instead of the left, as I fly left handed, and throttle right hand. So I always have my hand on the stitches, but they are still very comfortable. Very happy with them. http://www.glidinglabs.eu/portfolio/thestick-leather/
I see they have grips for left hands, too. If I was installing nitrous, I'd happily order a pair of left-handed grips and swap one with you.
SuperFly wrote:The cables came from Mcfarlane. http://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/
I bought cables from Aircraft Spruce, but the labels they provide simply don't fit the knobs. I suspect that, somewhere along the way, they changed knob suppliers or knob design, and now the "matching" labels don't match. I think I'll stick with panel labeling for the push-pull cables, and that means the AS cables should do fine.
SuperFly wrote:The screws are actually both. the flush ones are Torx, and the protruding heads are allen. Both are SS bolts that I bought through Micro Fasteners. I also used similar screws to mount the windshield. https://www.microfasteners.com/
I'm a Torx fan, and use it everywhere I can because we don't have to push on the bit like we do with Phillips head fasteners; all the force applied to a Torx fastener is rotational. For the panel, I found black oxide Torx "Tamper-Resistant Button-Head Socket Cap Screws" at McMaster-Carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/#socket-head-ca ... s/=11s38wf) -- a very low-cost way to deter an opportunist who might want to appropriate something from the panel.
Pin-in-Torx Button Head Socket Cap Screw.png
I'll probably use a similar fastener for the Lexan, but in stainless and without the pin.

Security driver bits are available at McMaster-Carr, too, for less than $3. The tamper-resistant bit works in the standard Torx heads as well, so it's not necessary to carry separate bits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

GDS,

The fuse block is the standard version Stein sells. It is not flush mounted, it is actually mounted to the back side of the panel, (you can see in the pictures the 4 bolts in among the fuses holding the block to the panel) then the holes are cut that align with the fuses. Labels are applied directly to the panel. The fuses protrude enough from the fuse block that they stick out in front of the panel about 3/8". I think it trims it out very nice, and am very happy with it.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Dick,

I apologize, I didn't pay much attention to the webpage that I linked you to. The grips shown on that page are the old style. They quit making those, and now make them as mine are with carbon fiber on top that has the labels and is the switch actuator. I tried to get them to make me two of the old style, as I liked them a bit better, but they were adamant that they new style was the only one available. (also a bit of language barrier, which didnt help...) Dont get me wrong, I am very happy with the ones I have, but originally fell in love with the old style. First loves you know... hard to get over.
I dont know why they have not changed the web page or updated it, but I could not find any sign of the new style anywhere... Might be worth an email to them to inquire.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

SuperFly wrote:Dick,

I apologize, I didn't pay much attention to the webpage that I linked you to. The grips shown on that page are the old style. They quit making those, and now make them as mine are with carbon fiber on top that has the labels and is the switch actuator. I tried to get them to make me two of the old style, as I liked them a bit better, but they were adamant that they new style was the only one available. (also a bit of language barrier, which didnt help...) Dont get me wrong, I am very happy with the ones I have, but originally fell in love with the old style. First loves you know... hard to get over.
I dont know why they have not changed the web page or updated it, but I could not find any sign of the new style anywhere... Might be worth an email to them to inquire.
I looked through the companies web site an I can't find any grips. The grips shown clearly showed rhey were no longer available. Those leather ones were very nice.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Turned my own, then paracord wrapped. Don't like my ptt, too small, like pushing on the tip of a pen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
Strasnuts
Forum Regular

Post by Strasnuts »

Yes Superfly,

Thanks, It is the G3X touch. Sorry it took me awhile to respond.

Return to “Just Aircraft”