New SS owner intro, north Georgia

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Tony Armour
Forum Regular

New SS owner intro, north Georgia

Post by Tony Armour »

Hi folks, I've been lurking for a month now. I made the deal on my airplane "just" over a month ago. I was lucky to get hooked up with Vic Payne up in Brasstown to get my tailwheel rating and checked out in a Superstol. The goal with Vic was to get safe so I could go pick it up. On August 9th I flew to Grand Junction Colorado, spent a couple days with the owner....prebuy, waiting on my supplies to show up via FedEx, oil for a fresh change etc. Also got to spend both of those mornings flying with the owner in the right seat which was great. I had yet to solo a tailwheel. Departed Grand Junction on a Thursday morning and headed south to miss the big mountains....didn't make it but an hour when I couldn't help but land on a little grass field at some small town for a stretch and nature break (nothing to do with just WANTING to land haha)
I spent four nights, 4.5 days flying back. Camped out three nights and spent one night on an FBO couch with A/C and a shower !! :-) longest day was two legs 7.5 hours. One day I was socked in with a 500' overcast and didn't get to depart until two hours before dark. Had a couple maintenance issues that I addressed along with a few mechanics and borrowed tools. I haven't gotten everything in my log book yet but the Hobbs showed 25hours more and I had around 14 stops. It was really an awesome trip !! Unfortunately I had already committed to something the weekend of the Just fly-in at Brasstown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Re: New SS owner intro, north Georgia

Post by scubarider2 »

Sounds like quite the adventure! Congrats on the new purchase.
Where are you located in North Georgia? I live in Cleveland. :mrgreen:
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Tony Armour
Forum Regular

Post by Tony Armour »

Sorry, I meant to post that. Dalton, Ga.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Cool, I am a bit southeast of you in Cleveland. My plane is located at Mt. Airpark (0GE5) a 3000ft grass strip. Welcome to come and visit sometime. :mrgreen:
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Tony Armour
Forum Regular

Post by Tony Armour »

Thanks, will do that sometime. May go to 2a0 Dayton Tn. Saturday for breakfast. A SS out of Cartersville may come up too.
ja30driver
Forum Regular

Post by ja30driver »

I gotta come up to Cleveland and see ya!
Only 60 miles or so from Cartersville....
When ya gonna go flying again?
Attending the Just fly-in next weekend?
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

We should have several in the area all come in to our little grass strip of heaven. :D
I have been to the fly in several times however this year I cannot attend. Since it is on Labor Day Weekend we are doing the "family" camping trip.
We should plan something for the Fall. The leaves in the mountains are worth seeing for sure!
The wife, puppy and myself are flying to Crystal River, FL Sept. 27th to Sept. 30th. Can't wait!
Dennis
wln

Post by wln »

Habersham Native but I moved to Central Ga and will be building a grass strip on my farm once I finish my plane. I think it would be great to do a few fly in trips each year. Cleveland is a great airport and flying around that area is always fun.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Yep, love my little slice of 3000ft grass strip heaven in Cleveland. Anyone is welcome. Just let me know when you would like to fly in. Would love to take you on a flying tour of the area. :mrgreen:
Dennis
Tony Armour
Forum Regular

Post by Tony Armour »

scubarider2 wrote:Yep, love my little slice of 3000ft grass strip heaven in Cleveland. Anyone is welcome. Just let me know when you would like to fly in. Would love to take you on a flying tour of the area. :mrgreen:
Dennis
Fall mountain tour sounds like a plan !!

Return to “Just Aircraft”