Panel Layout Recommendations

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
mnwinger
Forum Regular

Re: Panel Layout Recommendations

Post by mnwinger »

Thanks John. I'm using FreeCAD. The learning curve is a little steep, but the price is right :D

I'm using face dimensions for all the instruments so I know they will fit. When I get close to final layout, I plan to enter the cutout dimensions and find a place that will be able to print it full size. That should make it easy to try different layouts and see how they feel in the plane. Then maybe send the cutout drawing to a machine shop for the final milling. I have some time before that's needed, but it should be fairly straight forward.

Matt

Tralika wrote:Matt
I like the CAD tool you used to design your designing your panel. I used paper cutouts of the all the flight instruments, radio, EIS, GPS, switches, etc and moved them around on the panel blank. When I liked the layout I taped them in place. It worked but definitely not as cool as the CAD image.
gkremers
Veteran Member

Post by gkremers »

If you have someone that can cut the .dwg file that really helps. After designing mine i had the guys at work cut a sample on 18pt board. I could mount the lighter stuff to look at spacing, ect... Also recreated the vortex generator template since the one they give you is way to small.
DSC_0068.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG
IMG_1304.jpg
Gary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Gary,

I like your paint the scallops look great. What does the fuselage look like?

Edit:
I just looked at your aviatar picture, very nice!

Paul Zimmermann
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A

Return to “Just Aircraft”