Oshkosh 2017

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
BucF16
Veteran Member

Oshkosh 2017

Post by BucF16 »

Hi all! Are there any plans to have a Just Aircraft get-together this year. I'll be there this year. The last time was 5 years ago. I'm looking forward to meet those that attend.

Cheers,
Bruce

Also list here if you bring your JA aircraft.
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com
av8rps
Veteran Member

Re: Oshkosh 2017

Post by av8rps »

I'd like to do that. It would be fun to put faces to names. I run EAA's Seaplane Base so it's hard for me to get away, but if you come up with something, let me know and I will try to make it.

The seaplane base could also be a good place to meet if you'd like as we could easily accomodate a group there. We have a full service food vendor if people want to meet for lunch. Or if later we could use my waterfront campsite. I have cold beer after 5 :)
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Two points:

1) Usually have a get together (Tuesday night, I think; somebody correct me if I'm wrong) at the beer tent under the balloon (if you're not familiar, you'll know it when you see it)

2) I REALLY like the idea of meeting at the seaplane base. That is a great location. How late does the shuttle bus run?
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

OH, I'm all over both! Beer tent (I think it was Thursday last year) AND the SEA Base.

Bruce
Builder web site:
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

You're Right, It was Tuesday. Lets come up with a date. But, I'd like to also go out to the Sea Base for an Amphib get together.

Bruce
Builder web site:
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Usually I have organized (which translates to just making a decision on when and posting it, and about nothing more ;) the gathering. Wednesday night was a popular night to have it, as it is seemed to have the most overlap of those attending early in the week, and those attending later in the week. However, Wednesday also was the day for the New Holstein Super cub STOL competition, and I believe last year it was the day of the STOL demonstration at the Ultralight field in the evening. So it was moved to tuesday. I have not yet looked at the schedule for this year, does anyone know of those events, and when?
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

Tuesday is probably the best evening. There re a number of reasons. Seems like Wednesday is the biggest evening of teh week. There are all kinds of special events going on Wednesday evening.
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

The Stol Invitational is 4 nights as you can see below. Maybe we could meet at the "Beer Tent" and then move to the "Invitational" on one of these nights?

Here is the missive from the Airventure web sight:
Starting this year at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017, the Twilight Flight Fest at the Fun Fly Zone will consist of a series of flying events on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evening during AirVenture.

After an opening monologue by announcer Jon “Jughead” Counsell, EAA STOL Invitational Flying will begin. STOL flying used to be a part of the main air show schedule at Oshkosh, but moving it to the Fun Fly Zone for two nights last year worked well, because the aircraft were able to take off from their preferred surface of grass and fly when winds were more favorable.

Now the STOL invitational will take place during all four nights of the Twilight Flight Fest, but that’s not all that will be going on at that time. The Paradigm Aerobatic Team will be performing as well, expanding on their successful appearance at Oshkosh last year.

After the STOL flying and Paradigm performance, Twilight Flight Fest still has more left to offer. Guests can expect to see skydiving or other events well suited for the dimming light, demos by fixed wing ultralights and light sport aircraft, gyroplanes, powered parachutes, and 3D RC flying.

The Twilight Flight Fest will provide attendees with an up-close look at other forms of aviation, and should offer a fun and fresh perspective to any and all crowd members.
Builder web site:
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

It should probably be move from the Demo Site to the Beer tent. I'm sure everyone will want to be at the Demo Site and it will be at twilight time so it would make sense to go to the beer tent after. Wouldn't it? Unless we could get the beer to the Demo Site and meet there. Comments!
av8rps
Veteran Member

Post by av8rps »

Sorry guys, I was busy so I hadn't been on forum until now.

To answer question about Seaplane Base Bus schedule: buses run until 8 pm. However, if there is any reason the gang stayed later I have a 12 passenger EAA van I could get people back to airport in.

Tuesday evening at the SPB is Karaoke night under our big tent. But if any of you want to meet there maybe it would be better to meet early enough to still get back to airport for evening events? Or for that matter, maybe you want to meet early for breakfast? (we have a food vendor on site).

I'm game for most anything and will do what I can to make things work for the group if you guys decide you want to meet up at the SPB. And if that doesn't work out for some reason, if any of you come out to the base on your own, look me up while you're there. (Have office page me).

I too would like to go to the STOL demo, but not sure I can get away to do so as I sometimes get a bit crazy with things. But I will try.
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

av8rps,
Thanks for the info on the SPB! Hopefully as we get closer to OSH, those that are going to attend, will chime in and we can get a group to progress to the events. As a minimum, I will see you out there.
Thanks again,
Bruce
Builder web site:
av8rps
Veteran Member

Post by av8rps »

Sounds good Bruce. I look forward to meeting all of you.
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

After chatting with several different fellows about the schedule at OSH, there appears to be no easy solution to a Just Aircraft builder/pilot/follower meet up. Since they will be doing STOL demos every evening at the ultralight field, except Wed. Most people want to see that, myself included. Lets meet up in front of the Just booth which is right near the grass strip both Tuesday and Thursday evenings. If folks want to progress to the SOS brothers tent, fair enough. But many can meet, chat, catch up, swap stories, help with build questions, tell lies, etc. at that one location starting out.
After STOL demos, and dark, cold refreshments can be found at SOS.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

I'm In! Tuesday evening At Just Tent 1 Hour before STOL comp. We can proceed to the comp then to SOS.

Cheers!!
Bruce
Builder web site:

Return to “Just Aircraft”