Skiis for the Just Aircraft birds

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
DaveU
Veteran Member

Skiis for the Just Aircraft birds

Post by DaveU »

Justin,
Do you have the skiis off the skyraider?  I was wondering if you could post a photo or two of the skiis.  I would like to see what and how they are made.  I am very interested.  Would like to start working on a set in the near future.

Dave
dauckjl
Seasoned Member

Post by dauckjl »

I have not personally seen them yet.  I will be getting home from school on the 24th and I will do my best.

Sorry for the wait,
Justin
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

Justin,
wondering if you got ahold of the skyraider skiis?  I am curious.

Dave
utpa001
Forum Regular

Post by utpa001 »

I remember talking to Jack at Cornell Aeroworks about skis.  That was about a year ago I think, but it sounded like something he was thinking about having made.  You might try contacting him, the web site is http://www.cornellaeroworks.com/   It might be best to call, as I don't think he website & email is updated regularly.

Tim
Tim
dauckjl
Seasoned Member

Post by dauckjl »

Hey guys,

Sorry it took so long but I finally have the pictures of those skis.  They are not directly interchangable with the Just Aircraft gear but small tweaking should allow the same type of rigging.

The big thing is that the Skyraider must have definitely had smaller tires and it did not have the cotter pin in the outside of the axle.  They threaded a bolt in the outside and inside of the axle and also had cables to keep it straight.

We will have to make it a bit wider so that the tires will be able to penetrate and will also add length because the airplane is bigger than the Skyraider.

Justin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Just Aircraft”