hello from Alaska

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
akjud

hello from Alaska

Post by akjud »

New member,
From the mat su valley north of anchorage. Got my wings with a supercub in 2004, haven't piloted since, life got in the way. Now hope to acquire a superstol in the near future, probably build from kit. Joining the forum for help with that and to let you guys convince me I can build it!!! Please do!! I am somewhat mechanically inclined, worked in the oilfield some, a fair amount of engine work and do all my own remodeling, vehicle servicing and the such. I have a hangar now for the project, and live on a short 600' strip that I would like to be able to fly out of. So here goes the next adventure in my life! Anxious to get started. Love the forum so far.. Oh yeah, I hunt and fish and just explore up here as much as a busy life with three kids will allow me to. The kids each hunt too. I plan on using the plane to haul some moose meat and fish after successful hunts!
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Re: hello from Alaska

Post by Clark in AZ »

Welcome! There are a few guys in your neck of the woods flying SuperSTOLs or Highlanders. I thought they would have chimed in here by now but they must be flying. :D

I too am looking at purchasing a SuperSTOL kit soon. Be sure to post a build thread here when you get your kit! You sure are in a beautiful place to fly and you'll really be able to take advantage of the SuperSTOL's capabilities.

Good luck!

Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
akjud

Post by akjud »

Thanks Clark, I'll keep you posted!
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Welcome from a SuperSTOL builder in Texas. Last May I took a vacation in Anchorage, and Valdez.

Paul
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
Tralika
Veteran Member

Post by Tralika »

Hey Jud,
Did you make progress on your build plans?
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon
akjud

Post by akjud »

I HAVE made progress in my plans... the most important type of progress, often hard faught for and humbly earned....I reached the wife approval milestone!!!!! As I see it, any challenge ahead will be made to look smaller now. It has been a 20 year effort.

thanks for asking!
akjud

Post by akjud »

Tralika: How far along are you? and your in Wasilla!! Me too. Out KGB.
Did you crate up the kit or drive it up? How did the build go? Or are you in the process? Glad to hear some local guys been through the process or are in it now.
Thanks.
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

I’m doing a Builders Assist, with Wallen Aircraft LLC. I’m getting really pumped about flying my SuperSTOL. I’d highly recommend jumping in. I’m doing the Builders Assist because I want to finish it in less than a year. I was contemplating going to the STOL Flyin in Valdez again this year, if I do I’ll P.M. you.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
Tralika
Veteran Member

Post by Tralika »

Hey Jud, did you get the PM I sent you?
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon

Return to “Introductions”