Highlander 393

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
TD1
Forum Regular

Re: Highlander 393

Post by TD1 »

Just to let you know the build log is very much appreciated, great job! I follow pretty much all of them here. Already waiting on the next post!

Thanks!
Tom Dougherty
Kahului, HI
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

TD1 wrote:Just to let you know the build log is very much appreciated, great job! I follow pretty much all of them here. Already waiting on the next post!

Thanks!
Moving to time said, "I second TD1's opinion. I love reading through all the posts here. Seems like I am always learning. Personally I would vote for more photos and more video. Loved Troy Branch's thread about his SS build in Canada. Really nice build and he shared everything with great photos and video. Made for some great reading and he shared some great ideas. This web site is a blast!" Joe B

He I remember Troy's videos. They were great. I've heard that Santa swing thru China and brought a GoPro back to the states. If I can figure it out I'll try to emulate Troy's work.

Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com
mhcrowder
Veteran Member

Post by mhcrowder »

Bruce,

Your site looks GREAT! Look forward to following along with your build. Now if we could only find more time to work on our project!

==
Michael
Building Highlander #371
http://highlander371.blogspot.com/
bluemax
Veteran Member

Post by bluemax »

[quote="BucF16]
Also, I wanted to goat my buddy Max Rentz (BlueMax) in to getting back out in his shop :twisted: Though, I better tread lightly as his 6'6" and a State Trooper.

Cheers,
Bruce[/quote]

Hey Bruce,

Consider me officially "goated." :wink: And it's more like 6'2"...not 6'6", and as big around as I am tall ! I'll be back out in the shop very soon (that sounds familiar..). It will be my New Years resolution.
Max Rentz
Newark, Ohio
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

Hey Bruce,

Consider me officially "goated." :wink: And it's more like 6'2"...not 6'6", and as big around as I am tall ! I'll be back out in the shop very soon (that sounds familiar..). It will be my New Years resolution.[/quote]

Well Max, from my Challenged perspective, It looks 6'14". :roll:
Builder web site:
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

Bruce, My good friend in Wadsworth is currently building a Rans S20. He tells me that he is good friend with Max. Do you also know Bob? Just curious. His Rans is ready for covering and he is going to use Stewarts. Planning on giving him a hand when he gets knee deep into it. Joe B
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

moving2time wrote:Bruce, My good friend in Wadsworth is currently building a Rans S20. He tells me that he is good friend with Max. Do you also know Bob? Just curious. His Rans is ready for covering and he is going to use Stewarts. Planning on giving him a hand when he gets knee deep into it. Joe B

Hey Joe, I can't say that I do know Bob. I would use Stewart's If I wasn't is such a hurry. When I retire I probably will on that next project. When you head to Wadsworth, let me know and Max and I will head up.

Cheers,
Bruce
Builder web site:
bluemax
Veteran Member

Post by bluemax »

Hey...I'm good for that ! I'd be glad to give Bob a hand. And since I'll likely be using Stewart's also, I might learn something.
Max Rentz
Newark, Ohio
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

moving2time wrote:Bruce, My good friend in Wadsworth is currently building a Rans S20. He tells me that he is good friend with Max. Do you also know Bob? Just curious. His Rans is ready for covering and he is going to use Stewarts. Planning on giving him a hand when he gets knee deep into it. Joe B

I used to live in wadsworth! My father was in that EAA chapt.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

We have an awesome group of people in the 846 Chapter. Nearly everyone is involved in or looking forward to building and we get together regularly to fly out to various places. Our meetings cover some interesting topics and our membership is very diverse with age and experience. OK, the age is not quite as diverse as it should be but we have all levels of experience. In March we are having a National Weather Service weather man come to our meeting and talk about aviation weather, forecasting and briefing. I look forward to our meetings each week. Joe B
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

I updated my blogspot this morning. Here is one photo. I tried out the Oratex sample Better Aircraft Fabric sent me. As BDA said, there is a learning curve!

Cheers,
Bruce
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Builder web site:
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Looks good to me! The problem with using the Just Aircraft Forum or any other Forum is the inevitable comments muddy the documentation efforts.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

Morning Paul,
That is exactly what I'd hoped this thread would be used for. Comments. My blogspot will be my official documentation of the build. The FAA inspector that will be signing off this project is a friend, and fellow part time cattle rancher, and has stopped by to watch the progress. So I'm not too worried about the documentation part.

I really like your N-Number! :D I'm guessing you enjoy shooting. Like most Texans. I'll have to com up with one with AR in it.

Cheers,
Bruce
Builder web site:
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

When I get to go shooting, I have enjoyed shooting every since I was in High School in San Antonio, the school had a shooting range in the basement.
A friend of mine flys a plane with the N number 357RW, so he suggested I get 357TX. The only problem is Tree Fife Seven Tago Xray, I have been practicing saying Tree Fife Seven Tango Xray. I rarely use tree, my last plane had a 3 and I would inevitably say three. I may just use the common pronunciation Three Fifty Seven. I am licensed to Concealed Carry. I normally carry a Colt .380 Auto US Government Model IV, and firm 2nd Amendment advocate. Living in Texas, driving & flying near the Texas Border self protection is vital.

I don't think I'll have a problem with mine since I am doing a builder assist with Chris Wallen.
AV8R Paul
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

BucF16 wrote:Morning Paul,
I'll have to com up with one with AR in it.
Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce,
308AR is available reserve it.
Paul
AV8R Paul

Return to “Just Aircraft”