Ridge Runner IV info

For general discussion of new kit aircraft designs and other homebuilt aircraft.
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Ridge Runner IV info

Post by Sean_Caranna »

I was looking at the web site for the Ridge Runner and found mention of the Ridge Runner IV side-by-side 2 seater but could not find much info. Is this a flying model or is it still in development? What kind of specs does it have?
Last edited by Sean_Caranna on Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bushwhacker Air
Topic Moderator

Post by Bushwhacker Air »

Sean,

The RR4/Bushwhacker is similar in size as the Kitfox, but some major improvements have been made. It has a 30 foot wing, 44" wide cabin, adjustable seats, (fits a 6'4" pilot!) split doors, 5' long baggage area thats wide open, 7' wide gear stance, and best of all it's ROTEC radial powered!

Out prototype is nearly ready for cover and we hope to have it flight tested by the LSA/Sport Pilot Show in Sebring, Florida at the end of October.
Chris Hatin
Bushwhacker Air
www.bushwhackerair.com
Your Source for Back-Country Aircraft
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

Do you have any idea on a ballpark price for the kit?

I've posted elsewere on this forum that I'm looking into the posibility of changing projects. I'm not very far along at all on my VP-2 so it would not hurt me to switch.

The main thing that attracted me to the Volksplane was the cost. All the parts, firewall back minus insturments, come out to about $6,500
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
Bushwhacker Air
Topic Moderator

Pricing

Post by Bushwhacker Air »

Sean,

The RR4 has an anticipated cost of $15000 - right in-line with the others in this class of airplanes. The advantage we will have over the others is the larger baggage area, wider cabin, wing design and completeness of the kit.

We will offer full factory support from the designer of the kit (Stace Schrader and his late brother Ken took the best that Avid and Kitfox had to offer and re-designed this aircraft to their specs years ago. Stace knows the wing design, as he did all the experimenting with the airfoil and ran all the numbers with some NASA boys before flying it. He's the only person fully qualified to answer any questions about this airplane!) There's others out there that have a similar design, but it all started with the Schraders.

And ours will come designed for the ROTEC Radial!!
Chris Hatin
Bushwhacker Air
www.bushwhackerair.com
Your Source for Back-Country Aircraft
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

Chris,

Were you able to make the LSA show in FL with the RR4?
When do you expect to have kits available?

Sean
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
joe

RR4

Post by joe »

OK, so here we are 19 mo. after the last post by Bushwhacker Air in this thead and no reports of progress?  What's going on?  Did the Rotec powered version ever fly or has Bushwhacker gone under?

A Google search for Ridge Runner 4 comes up with little info.

Joe
(Sky Raider)
<- Flying K SkyRaider 1
MitchellWing A-10
Gary H
Veteran Member

Re: Ridge Runner IV info

Post by Gary H »

anyone had any dealings with Stace Schrader?
Will fly for food!!
bjk

Post by bjk »

I have been trying to make contact with them for 8 weeks and no return emails. I also tried Skyraider and no return emails. I finally got in touch with a Skyraider dealer (also dealer for Just Aircraft) and was told one of the owners passed away so the business is not producing kits any longer but is supplying parts only and the business is for sale.
spyder1

Post by spyder1 »

bjk wrote:I have been trying to make contact with them for 8 weeks and no return emails. I also tried Skyraider and no return emails. I finally got in touch with a Skyraider dealer (also dealer for Just Aircraft) and was told one of the owners passed away so the business is not producing kits any longer but is supplying parts only and the business is for sale.
spyder1

Post by spyder1 »

spyder1 wrote:
bjk wrote:I have been trying to make contact with them for 8 weeks and no return emails. I also tried Skyraider and no return emails. I finally got in touch with a Skyraider dealer (also dealer for Just Aircraft) and was told one of the owners passed away so the business is not producing kits any longer but is supplying parts only and the business is for sale.
spyder1

Post by spyder1 »

I apologize if that is the case. This is Andrew Schrader at Rocky Mountain Wings. . . What Kind of Information are you looking for? Are you Interested in buying our product? How can i help?
Taylor Perry
Topic Moderator

Post by Taylor Perry »

Stace and Andrew have been great to deal with. The poor folks have had to talk with me almost every day:) They are putting the finishing touches on my sweet new mod III kit.

Post by 4130 »

After being bound to the terms and conditions set forth on this great site, I will be polite and honest with this. Caveat Emptor. Now back to work on the J-5.
Taylor Perry
Topic Moderator

Post by Taylor Perry »

Hi 4130. Just saw your post. Browsing through your post history (3), I noticed you purchased an older model Skyraider. Why the criticism of Stace and Rocky Mountain wings? Skyraider has been owned and supported by a different owner for a very long time. I am building a model RR 3s, and another builder an hour from me is building a model 4. Both of us are happy with our dealings.

Return to “Other Aircraft & New Kit Aircraft Designs”